Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gowanis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
Its definitely a bummer that the magnets don't work, but its not a deal breaker. I like the overall protection the case provides and the rotation and stand positions are nice. My only concern is how the device "snaps" into the plastic holder. It seems to fit more or less, but doesn't seem perfect. I don't think it will fall out, but I would really prefer a nice click. How is your new iPad fitting in your VersaVu?

andy603

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2007
can confirm Targus Versavu is polarity issue

Based on what a few others mentioned here, I pulled my new ipad out and laid the outside of the cover of the top of it and low and behold it shut off.... This absolutely confirms that it is a magnet polarity issue. Don't know who to blame but I know that Targus is ultimately responsible because they obviously did not do a quality control check before they left the warehouse....stupid oversight if you ask me.

With regard to fitting properly...it fits differently than my ipad2 in the ipad2 version of the case...there is not as much lip on 2 corners as the other 2 corners....in otherwords, 2 corners are higher than ipad and look like they are holding it in but the other 2 are below the surface and don't look like they are holding it in.... That said, I'd still buy it (once the magnet issue gets fixed) because I can't get it to fall off...its firmly in there...and I like all the other features of the Versavu....just pissed off that the auto on/off doesn't work!

DuckSoup

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2008
Upstate Central NY
I have the 3rd gen version. I am thinking that it's not quite designed for the 3rd gen being 0.8mm thicker. They probably did not have the new specs when they went into production, nor knew about the changes in the magnetic on/off placement/polarity.

From what I've read no one knew of the changes until the Keynote and there is NO WAY cases were made and hit the shelves since the keynote. They were made in China for crying out loud. Even has a 2011 copyright on the packaging.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.