Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BerGaur

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Inside my head
I love this. This was the main thing I wanted to use from Mountain Lion, and I thought that the only two ways to use it would be to use Mountain Lion beta now, which costs money every year, or wait for Mountain Lion to come out and update to it.

Surprise, Surprise! iMessage beta is available now for Lion as a free download from Apple's site.

I am starting this thread so everyone can place their opinions on it, share why they like it, why they don't like it, or have one central thread to talk about glitches and help each other out.

I think I have made it obvious where I stand, I LOVE IT!

And the only glitch I have found so far is when I put it in full screen mode, I can see that textured gray background behind it...on each side of it. Though I'm fine with this.

blackomega31

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2011
Personally I love iMessage. The only real glitch to it is how I catches up when say your computer has been off for a day and you iMessage a lot on an iOS device. You have to wait for all the old messages to be caught up

BerGaur

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Inside my head
Personally I love iMessage. The only real glitch to it is how I catches up when say your computer has been off for a day and you iMessage a lot on an iOS device. You have to wait for all the old messages to be caught up

Yeah, I'm starting to notice that too.

I also noticed that if you use an email listed under two contacts or more, like a family email, it will glitch all over the place. Every time you send a message from your computer to anyone, one of the contacts sharing that email address with receive the message as well, and sometimes when sending a message to one email sharer it will tell them that it came from your phone number. All kinds of crazy stuff. So it would work best not to have a shared email address that is used for this listed in all the shared contacts. I made a contact for it and named it "Home", being that it is an iMac.

BerGaur

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Inside my head
BIG Glitch

I have noticed a pretty serious glitch in iMessage for Mac. Every time I have it open, it isn't long before my Mac looses touch with WiFi. I word it like that because the WiFi bars are still there, in full, but they are grayed out. The Mac continues to try to do all it's tasks involving WiFI, it doesn't even seem to realize there is a problem. As soon as I log out and back in everything is fine. Though, when I use iMessage the same thing begines all over again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.