Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

(L)SD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2010
Texas
Well, I do have audio on the Win 7 side, but only through the built-in speakers. If I plug better quality speakers into the headphone jack - nothing happens. The built ins still play, plugging into the jack doesn't cut them out like it should. The Boot camp drivers disk only has CirrusAudio for Vista (32 and 64) which I so far hasn't helped me. (as per a different post by someone) If I'm using Adobe Audition with a USB interface (alesis) I can get audio coming from its headphone jack, then to Speakers, but that's a pain to have that interface plugged in all the time. Do I have to just wait and see if Apple comes up with Win 7 drivers?
Thanks

DanielCoffey

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2010
Edinburgh, UK
No - Win7 does not auto-detect the headphone jack like OS X does. You have to go to Sound Devices in Win7 and manually select either the jack or the speakers.

(L)SD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2010
Texas
I'm pretty sure I've messed with that area, but will double check myself - thanks

(L)SD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2010
Texas
Well, I do have audio on the Win 7 side, but only through the built-in speakers. If I plug better quality speakers into the headphone jack - nothing happens. The built ins still play, plugging into the jack doesn't cut them out like it should. The Boot camp drivers disk only has CirrusAudio for Vista (32 and 64) which I so far hasn't helped me. (as per a different post by someone) If I'm using Adobe Audition with a USB interface (alesis) I can get audio coming from its headphone jack, then to Speakers, but that's a pain to have that interface plugged in all the time. Do I have to just wait and see if Apple comes up with Win 7 drivers?
Thanks

My particular problem turned out to be simple - the Win 7 Troubleshooting helper did it.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Open-the-Playing-Audio-troubleshooter

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.