Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xerenthar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 27, 2008
I have the red one, and there's a giant discoloration from something...maybe water...I'm honestly not sure what. $80 shouldn't be so fragile, IMO...

GUCCIMAN

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
It does suck but that's kind of-actually it's all your fault if water did get on It. It never states to be waterproof, if u drop ur iPad into the toilet can u return it on claims of it not being built good enough since ~800 is a lot of money? it protected ur iPad from the stain/water and that in itself is fulfilling its designed purpose

kvizzel

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2011
It does suck but that's kind of-actually it's all your fault if water did get on It. It never states to be waterproof, if u drop ur iPad into the toilet can u return it on claims of it not being built good enough since ~800 is a lot of money? it protected ur iPad from the stain/water and that in itself is fulfilling its designed purpose

is this guy cereal? :eek:

Archer1440

Suspended
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Holy bovine. YOU effed the thing up so Apple has to pay?

What kind of society produces people with this kind of pathetic thought process?

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Buy another, swap, return (yeah thats right its dishonest...boo hoo).

Or just go into the Apple store and ask for help.

Apple seems very willing to do these things for customers.

xerenthar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 27, 2008
lol, i didn't think such a thing would cause such bawwwwing amongst the forum-goers. sorry that i'm a little irked an $80 cover is so low quality that it discolors at the slightest provocation.

JonLDavis

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2012
I recently got a black leather smart feather from macmall, and it seemed to come with indents in it. It's not a big deal, but it was annoying to have the thing already showing wear. I didn't even get to start with the smooth look.

Since macmall ships first generation smart covers, I was wondering if it's fault with the first generation of leather smart covers?

innominato5090

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2009
I actually love the stains on leather... the "aged" look is beyond awesome for me :)
Anyway, Apple states clearly on its website:
Screen%20Shot%202012-03-27%20at%209.37.29%20PM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.