Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperColossal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
Hey guys. I'm working on starting a small iPhone repair shop in my town, and I'm looking for suppliers of parts. I know it's impossible to get actual OEM parts, but I'm looking for as close as I can get.

I know iFixit has very high quality parts and a near-perfect reputation, but their parts are also rather expensive. Do you guys know of any other places to get good replacement parts for cheaper than iFixit? I've bought from iCracked as well, but I don't need all the tools and things they include. I'm looking for just parts.

ALSO a heads-up for anyone else looking to buy parts. DO NOT BUY FROM APPLEPARTSSTORE.COM. I made a ~$200 order with them, and they never shipped it, never answered my phone calls, and never answered my emails. They are nothing but scammers.

Thanks

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
eBay. Buy up broken phones for parts.
The reason why iFixit is expensive is because the parts as a whole are expensive and not widely available. If you want to do this as a business then price your repairs accordingly.

SuperColossal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
eBay. Buy up broken phones for parts.
The reason why iFixit is expensive is because the parts as a whole are expensive and not widely available. If you want to do this as a business then price your repairs accordingly.

Do you have any tips on finding parts that are high quality on eBay? There are literally hundreds of people selling them, and a lot of them are awful and look nothing like original. Any tips appreciated.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
If you've started a new business then please don't take this the wrong way but it sounds like you've not completed a thorough business module before doing so.

The problem with buying non working models off auction sites is that the fault listed by the owner is guess work and vague and can often involve the failure of more than one section of the unit.

If I'm wanting a repair carried out by a non apple engineer then I would expect high end parts and would expect to pay for this and labour.

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
If you've started a new business then please don't take this the wrong way but it sounds like you've not completed a thorough business module before doing so.

If you read the post again you'll see that the OP is CONSIDERING starting a business.

CyBeRino

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2011
I know iFixit has very high quality parts and a near-perfect reputation, but their parts are also rather expensive.

That's because iFixit parts are original. They take an iPhone (or iPod, or Mac, whatever), disassemble it and sell the parts.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
I didn't see "CONSDERING" anywhere??:confused:

Lol.

They are working on !

To me that's one of the first stages of making a business module.

I'm not sure if macrumors is a good place to find leads to businesses supplying parts and then bad mouth another company.

duc76

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2012
Hey guys. I'm working on starting a small iPhone repair shop in my town, and I'm looking for suppliers of parts. I know it's impossible to get actual OEM parts, but I'm looking for as close as I can get.

I know iFixit has very high quality parts and a near-perfect reputation, but their parts are also rather expensive. Do you guys know of any other places to get good replacement parts for cheaper than iFixit? I've bought from iCracked as well, but I don't need all the tools and things they include. I'm looking for just parts.

ALSO a heads-up for anyone else looking to buy parts. DO NOT BUY FROM APPLEPARTSSTORE.COM. I made a ~$200 order with them, and they never shipped it, never answered my phone calls, and never answered my emails. They are nothing but scammers.

Thanks

Yes, stay away from APPLEPARTSSTORE.COM. I ordered a replacement iphone screen and it didn't work right, had them send me another and it didn't work at all. Sent the parts back through their RMA process, 6 months of me emailing them with no luck on getting my refund. They have an F with the BBB and 2 complaints.

mdr101

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2013
Columbus Ohio
iPhone Repair, iPad Repair, and iPod Repair

We have bought parts from iCracked, eTech, eBay, Amazon, a guy in a van, and many other places. Some stuff is more expensive than others, but if you look hard enough you can find the same quality for a cheaper price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.