Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M0esmac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 25, 2012
UK
Hi guys,

I'm really frustrated when I want to play music from my MBP or iPhone and I have to have a cable hanging around all the time.

I saw this Logitech Wireless Speaker Adaptor for Bluetooth. Actually, I tried one in PC World, seemed to work perfectly. I was around 50meters away trying it and playing some dubstep for people who passed that audio system. Just for fun lol

Is there any other good products like this to choose from?

Cheers

marzer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2009
Colorado
Hi guys,

I'm really frustrated when I want to play music from my MBP or iPhone and I have to have a cable hanging around all the time.

I saw this Logitech Wireless Speaker Adaptor for Bluetooth. Actually, I tried one in PC World, seemed to work perfectly. I was around 50meters away trying it and playing some dubstep for people who passed that audio system. Just for fun lol

Is there any other good products like this to choose from?

Cheers

I find that for in-home use the Airport Express is more convenient than bluetooth. Its an integrated solution for OS X and iOS and it provides higher quality sound.

M0esmac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 25, 2012
UK
I find that for in-home use the Airport Express is more convenient than bluetooth. Its an integrated solution for OS X and iOS and it provides higher quality sound.

Oh yes, but price is 2-3x bigger. Could the gen before the current one replace my router too?
What is the model number for that?

Currently I have NetGear router which was provided with my Virgin Media Broadband. By replacing I mean connect it to my router and then disabling Wi-Fi on my old router.

marzer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2009
Colorado
Oh yes, but price is 2-3x bigger. Could the gen before the current one replace my router too?
What is the model number for that?

Currently I have NetGear router which was provided with my Virgin Media Broadband. By replacing I mean connect it to my router and then disabling Wi-Fi on my old router.

Yes, the previous gen can be used as a router, it was dual band, just not simultaneous. So it can replace, extend or enhance your Netgear wireless network.

I use 2 of these in my house for streamin music from Macs or iPad:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB321LL/A/refurbished-airport-express-base-station-with-80211n-and-airtunes

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.