Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dedukes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2005
Savannah
Hi.

The keyboards on my Macbook Air and iMac are killing my wrists. Some days I can barely type.

Can someone recommend a good ergonomic keyboard that works well with Macs? I'd love wireless, if possible.

Thanks.

mslide

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007
Kinesis Advantage. When it comes to ergonomic keyboards, that's the best. Yes, it's very expensive and takes a couple/few weeks to get used to but it's worth it. There isn't a wireless version. You also won't get bells and whistles like backlit keys although the media keys do work with iTunes. I had wrist pains before switching to this keyboard and they're all gone. It's also made my typing quite a bit faster. You have to type correctly to use this keyboard. It won't let you 'cheat' (e.g. not using your pinky).

http://www.amazon.com/Kinesis-KB500...7225947&sr=8-2&keywords=kinesis+advantage+pro

My second choice, if you're looking for a more reasonably priced keyboard, would be the Microsoft Natural but that's a big step down.

edit:

Do you use a mouse or a trackpad?

I use a Logitech Performance MX mouse with one of those mouse pads that have a gel wrist pad built into them. That's the most comfortable setup for me.

Last edited:

fhall1

macrumors 68040
Dec 18, 2007
(Central) NY State of mind
Thanks. Is this what you're talking about?

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/wireless-wave-combo-mk550?crid=27

Do you use a mouse or a trackpad?

Yes - that's the one. When I got mine a couple years ago Logitech was printing the Mac "Symbols" on the special keys by the spacebar, the photo you show doesn't look like they have them (not a big deal though).

I actually don't use the keyboard any more - I went to the Logitech solar model (but it's not ergonomic)

I use the Logitech Performance MX mouse - I have long fingers and like the feel of a larger mouse.

compwiz59

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2014
Ergonomic Keyboard Recommendation

I would recommend the Logitech Wave or, but if you like the split-keyboard design better, than I would suggest the Fellowes 98915 Ergonomic Keyboard. These are both mentioned on this site. I enjoy using the Wave. I have used it at work for the past 2 years and it has proven its weight in gold to me. Prior to getting this and an Ergonomic Chair, I was getting cramps and aches almost daily. The difference was like day and night to me once a changed up my workspace. Wish you luck in your search for a keyboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.