Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Hi forum, I have a iPhone 5 and I'm looking to acquire a glass screen protector and need your wisdom and experience. I never liked plastic and I'm rocking a slip stopper on the back and a MIME alias bumper. Now I just need a good glass screen protector that has bubble free installation because that's what turned me off of plastic. What first caught my eye was qmadix tech armor. I like the black frame so that would be my preference. Please share your tips and experience because it matters and may turn me onto a product I've never heard of.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
Go bodyguardz Pure. They have a replacement program that with allow you to replace your protector for $12.95 for iPhone and $19.95 for iPad mini. Link to the program:

http://www.bodyguardz.com/advantage_program

To my knowledge SGP has no option. PLUS SGP screwed all us original glass T purchasers by putting out a defective product only then to "fix" the chipping issue with a "new" protector (glasTr). Every one of their cheap ass chipping protectors should of been replaced without question IMHO.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
FWIW, I have the glas.tr. First time I dropped it was last night. Waist high, face down onto hardwood floor. Screen protector did not break or scratch.

jayrflow

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2013
I got the Pure. I love it. Had to get a replacement because I installed mine wrong. Paid $12 for the replacement and got it in a few days after putting the request. If you ever drop your phone and break it, they send you one, send the old one back and you're good. It's also a "Lifetime" program so as long as you return the broken protectors, you'll keep getting protectors for the cheap price of $12

fljoemon

macrumors member
May 9, 2011
Colorant iPhone 5 USG ITG (Impossible Tempered Glass) Screen Protector

I have to highly recommend Colorant iPhone 5 USG ITG (Impossible Tempered Glass) Screen Protector. I bought this off their ebay Store: http://www.ebay.com/itm/251172857759.

I had an initial issue with the first one they sent out where the sticker tab for the adhesive side just came off and I couldn't peel off the sticker. This resulted in improper adhesion on my iphone 5 screen where I saw gaps of air. I just contacted the seller on ebay and he immediately sent me a brand new one. The new one was installed without any issues and I like this product.

I will always buy from a company who stands behind their product 100% and is willing to resolve any issues!

RafixPhoenix

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2013
I would go with the iLoome Screenmate tempered glass or the iLoome Screenmate flexible glass screen protector. It ultimately depends on what you want. The tempered glass has a surface rating of 9H and is .4 mm thick. The flex glass has a rating of 8H and is .12 mm thick. So it depends what you want if you want maximum protection get the tempered glass if you just want a screen protector that is almost invisible and hardly notice it's on then get the flex glass. If you want a screen protector that's really thin and still made of glass get the Mime Feather + glass screen protector. Still retains a 9H rating and is only .15 mm thick.

Haru

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2014
Go bodyguardz Pure. They have a replacement program that with allow you to replace your protector for $12.95 for iPhone and $19.95 for iPad mini. Link to the program:

http://www.bodyguardz.com/advantage_program

To my knowledge SGP has no option. PLUS SGP screwed all us original glass T purchasers by putting out a defective product only then to "fix" the chipping issue with a "new" protector (glasTr). Every one of their cheap ass chipping protectors should of been replaced without question IMHO.

Don't go Bodyguardz Pure if bubbles are not for you. Installed 3 in a week, all of them had bubbles near the edges on various locations. Replacement program is great for long term, not right after applying the guard. Only beneficial for US residents due to shipping charges.

All tempered glass can chip, especially the edges. Bodyguardz is no exception since I had 2 extra to experiment. By the way the hammer attack on their official video doesn't work :). So it may or may not protect your screen when you drop it but don't expect tempered glass to be chip free. The purpose is to protect the phone's screen not the guard itself.

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
California
I've tried all of GLAS.t (Nano, r, slim etc..) and Mime's Feather Glass and Ghost Glass.. I'd have to say that the best bang for the buck is Mime's Ghost Glass. It's just like the GLAS.tR (slim) from Spigen for a fraction of the price.. Definitely worth it.. You just won't get the cool jelly buttons that spigen provides..

Also i've heard great things about the iLoom. I'll probably try it within a few months.

markbravo2014

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2014
Hi forum, I have a iPhone 5 and I'm looking to acquire a glass screen protector and need your wisdom and experience. I never liked plastic and I'm rocking a slip stopper on the back and a MIME alias bumper. Now I just need a good glass screen protector that has bubble free installation because that's what turned me off of plastic. What first caught my eye was qmadix tech armor. I like the black frame so that would be my preference. Please share your tips and experience because it matters and may turn me onto a product I've never heard of.

I love this screen protector. :)
http://www.gearmaxx.com/iphone-5-5s-screen-protector-gearmaxx-tempered-glass

Val-kyrie

macrumors 68020
Feb 13, 2005
I've tried all of GLAS.t (Nano, r, slim etc..) and Mime's Feather Glass and Ghost Glass.. I'd have to say that the best bang for the buck is Mime's Ghost Glass. It's just like the GLAS.tR (slim) from Spigen for a fraction of the price.. Definitely worth it.. You just won't get the cool jelly buttons that spigen provides..

Also i've heard great things about the iLoom. I'll probably try it within a few months.

Why is the Ghost better than the Spigen and the Feather glass? Have you tried the Feather +?

dtippets10

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2015
Best Tempered Glass Screen Protector

I purchased mine from Fireshields.com and I have loved it. It only cost me $14.99 and comes with a lifetime warranty.

Attachments

• Tempered Glass.jpg
    Tempered Glass.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 879

TheRaj

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2007
another vote for Tech Armor....for the price it can't be beat...customer service is amazing as well

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
I missed this thread and bought a Zagg glass instead. It's decent but overpriced compared to those mentioned here. Worse was Best Buy. The retail store will install it for a price, but do not stand behind thier work if you're unsatisfied about how it came out. Shocking in this day and age of the disappearing brick & mortar stores. It's like, if you hosed me for an $8.00 plus tax installation, do you think I'm going to buy a home theater system from there?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.