Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cAPS lOCK

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2009
I know this feature can let you send files but I have't found what kind of files. If you could send mp3s that would be pretty sweet. I imagine there's some kind of copyright laws that will likely prevent it.

Anyone know?

ry23

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2013
I know this feature can let you send files but I have't found what kind of files. If you could send mp3s that would be pretty sweet. I imagine there's some kind of copyright laws that will likely prevent it.

Anyone know?

That would be awesome! Sorry I do not kno the answer; although I have ios 7, I don't kno anyone else that does in order to test it. I shall wait on an answer with you sir/madam

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
AirDrop is implemented in specific apps, and exposes specific files/types. It's not a option in Music, and since audio files are silo'ed, no other app can AirDrop them either (on the latter point, I'm also assuming AirDrop is exposed in the public API in V5 SDK/XCode).

It's not a technical limitation, but a policy decision, and I think the OP is right on with the concern over copyright. I'd image other players like Amazon wouldn't allow this either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.