Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coldjeanzzz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
I have no idea how this happened. I wasn't fooling around with anything, I just opened up Finder and now it's not showing in the favorites tab on the left. When I go to "Go" in the menu bar "All My Files" is also greyed out. I checked in preferences and it's still checked to show upon opening Finder and it's still checked to show in the Favorites section :confused:

This Mavericks update is turning out to be quite the drag...

djtech42

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2012
Mason, OH
I have no idea how this happened. I wasn't fooling around with anything, I just opened up Finder and now it's not showing in the favorites tab on the left. When I go to "Go" in the menu bar "All My Files" is also greyed out. I checked in preferences and it's still checked to show upon opening Finder and it's still checked to show in the Favorites section :confused:

What happens if you uncheck it and check it again? Strange bug.

coldjeanzzz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
I logged out and checked to see if the Guest account was affected, it was working fine there. I logged back into my account and it was now showing up in Finder, however it was still missing from the side panel. I went into preferences and it was unchecked somehow, I checked it back and now everything is working but yeah this is definitely a bug.

It's hard to believe this is the GM release, I'm already uncovering so many things wrong

et477

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2014

i have the same question too! check out my thread to see my problem.

m4v3r1ck

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2011
The Netherlands
Did you (perhaps) exclude your HD/SD in the privacy settings in Spotlite Preferences?

Attachments

• ScreenCap 2014-07-11 at 15.41.18.jpg
    ScreenCap 2014-07-11 at 15.41.18.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,631

tranthao2009

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2015
You may click HIDE button on the right of FAVOURITE?

In my case, I wrongly clicked the Hide button on the right hand side of FAVOURITE. This function does not show up until you drag the mouse on that position. That's why I could not figure out for a while why all my favourite folders disappear in one day. Now it showed up when I drag the mouse on the Show button.
Not sure is that your case?

et477

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2014
Sup. I managed to solve this problem by taking out my files from time machine. Lucky guess for the hide thing too, eh?

Wyn Vogel

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2015
Brisbane
Thx for the information Guys - I have had this problem this morning and panicked!!

Apple why make something so difficult to find - hiding this button until you cursor over is crazy!!!

Cheers - much appreciate the Forum!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.