Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Switchfoot

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2004
I'm a big fan of Rapidweaver. You will need to purchase the third party "Stacks" plugin to get the most out of it though, along with whatever stacks you choose to use. RW is usually in a bundle or two during the year, so you could always wait for that to come around for a cheaper price.

guzhogi

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Wherever my feet take me…
I'm a big fan of Rapidweaver. You will need to purchase the third party "Stacks" plugin to get the most out of it though, along with whatever stacks you choose to use. RW is usually in a bundle or two during the year, so you could always wait for that to come around for a cheaper price.

I've used Rapidweaver. It's okay in my opinion. I've seen a lot of "It's super easy!" comments and a lot of "It's super confusing!" comments. Fortunately, I think they let you use it for a while before you have to pay for it. SO if it doesn't work for you, you don't have to waste your money.

I agree with the Stacks suggestion. I'm surprised RapidWeaver doesn't have it already built-in.

Ezio Auditore

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2014
If you want something like iWeb try EverWeb from RAGE. Not on the app store I think but it is a real iWeb killer.

Ezio Auditore

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2014
I'm familiar with EverWeb, it's good website builder soft but unfortunately it's not free. Regarding iWeb I can say that it's not a competitor for many contemporary website builders for a long time. As for me it's outdated.

Why does it have to be free?
If you want something of a good working tool, it's never free.

For the real professional there is only one good tool in my opinion and that is Dreamweaver. But that is really expensive.
If your not a professional and just want to make a few website's then in my opinion and from what I have seen with the competition Everweb is the best.

If you are more advanced and now your way around code then I think Coda is the best program, but that is not a WYSIWYG.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.