Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
I hate iOS 7. I refused to upgrade my iPad 3 to that garbage. I have read numerous complaints on iOS 7. I am hoping beyond hope that Apple restores the look and feel that iOS 6 had. Better yet, bring back the guy that was fired. He knew his ****. I also cannot stand that iOS 7 uses dots for the signal bar. I have and never will accept this. Anyone else hoping that iOS 8 restores the classic iphone look? I wish iOS 6 was available for the iphone 5S with all its features. UGH.

MisakixMikasa

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
I hate iOS 7. I refused to upgrade my iPad 3 to that garbage. I have read numerous complaints on iOS 7. I am hoping beyond hope that Apple restores the look and feel that iOS 6 had. Better yet, bring back the guy that was fired. He knew his ****. I also cannot stand that iOS 7 uses dots for the signal bar. I have and never will accept this. Anyone else hoping that iOS 8 restores the classic iphone look? I wish iOS 6 was available for the iphone 5S with all its features. UGH.

They won't restore iOS 6 look just like Microsoft won't give up on Metro. Those companies are dead set on their goal and future road map. All you need to do is keep iOS 6 forever...

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
They won't restore iOS 6 look just like Microsoft won't give up on Metro. Those companies are dead set on their goal and future road map. All you need to do is keep iOS 6 forever...

I plan on keeping iOS 6 for as long as I can. Though it does take up space on your device. And some apps already require 7.0+. I do, however, use the iPhone 5S. I like the 5S. I just hate the horrible OS it comes with. I have been using 7.1 since January and its really no better. It doesn't restore that iOS 6.1.3 feel.

The designs in iOS 7 are not bad, they're just too much. They are too extreme. I really, really liked the texture look iOS 6 had to it. It was so nice to look at on the iphone. The worst thing they did was take away the bars for the signal. The dots are horrible, absolutely horrible.

So hard to believe that Apple's brilliant engineer Jonathan Ive created this garbage.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
This. I recommend getting the latest and greatest iOS 6 device, the iPhone 3GS.

The iPhone 4S on iOS 6.1.3 is just as fast, if not faster than an iPhone 5S running iOS 7.1. PERIOD. It also looks nicer and has usable apps.

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
8 might have some UI tweaks, but the days of 6 are behind it. 7 is the foundation of iOS's future, so keep your devices on 6 as long as possible or move on to another platform.

MisakixMikasa

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2013
The iPhone 4S on iOS 6.1.3 is just as fast, if not faster than an iPhone 5S running iOS 7.1. PERIOD. It also looks nicer and has usable apps.

You will eventually run into app compatibility problem and all these issues with older OS. Eventually, you need restore your iPhone 4S at some point, which will update you to the latest version.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA

There is no way they will go back.

People are more vocal when they dislike something than when they like something, this is why it seems like iOS 7 is greatly disliked.

Yes, people dislike it, but people dislike everything. Many, including myself, really like iOS 7 and find it to be a vast improvement, visually and feature-wise, over iOS 6 and before.

They won't go back, but they will continue to refine it.

Many people were very unhappy with iOS 6, felt it was stale, and were begging for a change. You can't please everyone.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
The signal strength dots are nasty, as is the battery drain on my iPhone 5 which no amount of fresh installs have ever cured. I also hate the numerous Safari crashes and page refreshes.
iOS7 has actually ruined my iPhone.

MisakixMikasa

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2013
I plan on keeping iOS 6 for as long as I can. Though it does take up space on your device. And some apps already require 7.0+. I do, however, use the iPhone 5S. I like the 5S. I just hate the horrible OS it comes with. I have been using 7.1 since January and its really no better. It doesn't restore that iOS 6.1.3 feel.

The designs in iOS 7 are not bad, they're just too much. They are too extreme. I really, really liked the texture look iOS 6 had to it. It was so nice to look at on the iphone. The worst thing they did was take away the bars for the signal. The dots are horrible, absolutely horrible.

So hard to believe that Apple's brilliant engineer Jonathan Ive created this garbage.

I like the brushed metal look more than the pure white look on Safari... iOS 7 in general still too much white and look to simple. Still feel iOS 7 made my devices like a toy

MisakixMikasa

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2013
There is no way they will go back.

People are more vocal when they dislike something than when they like something, this is why it seems like iOS 7 is greatly disliked.

Yes, people dislike it, but people dislike everything. Many, including myself, really like iOS 7 and find it to be a vast improvement, visually and feature-wise, over iOS 6 and before.

They won't go back, but they will continue to refine it.

Many people were very unhappy with iOS 6, felt it was stale, and were begging for a change. You can't please everyone.

iOS 7 is still stale... It just the plain old iOS with fresh UI....Most of the changes happened in iOS 7 were jailbroken tweaks from ages ago. Really, Apple did not bring any new things to the table...

According to the article on the front page, iOS 8 will even less so.

GlenK

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
St. Augustine, FL
A lot of life is learning to live with disappointment. They're not going back to an old OS. Isn't happening.

I haven't had that big an issue with the OS itself but I have dumped a lot of apple apps like calendar, weather, notes, and music. Was hoping at least the calendar would be better in 7.1 but didn't happen.

Will continue to move on to other 3rd party apps that look and work better than apple's versions.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
I love the little circles for the single strength. Witch now I feel really weird saying because all I have been doing is saying that I don't want to see any circles in iOS and that apple needs to get rid of all of them. Lol. I like those circles all the others go. And apple will never put back the look of iOS 6 so its time to just get over it.

Ke1ington

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2009
Agree 100% on the dots. They take up far too much space. The rest of iOS 7 I'm indifferent about.

canadianpj

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2008

Time to switch to Android then. There not going to restore it. I love the way it looks, I prefer it greatly over version 6. This is just my own personal opinion but if you're holding out for a restore to the old look it is not going to happen.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
Oh get it over it OP, iOS 7 is far better than 6, something tells me you just don't like change! Whining isn't gonna help anything, perhaps move to a different phone if it makes you so angry. There is no going back to how it was in iOS 6 - why do you think Apple would do that? Dots/bars - whats the difference really? It's all in your head.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Before iOS 7 everyone whined and complained that Apple needed a new UI. I was not among one of those complainers because I liked it just as it was. Now they have changed it and those same people are not happy. I was always for under the hood changes but keeping the same look because it worked.

They can keep some of the iOS 7 look in 8, but just more texture to stuff. That's what I'm talking about. Oh and they can restore the old keyboard and animated too.

Haynzee

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2012
The more I have used iOS 7 the more I have come to like it. It definitely looks fresher and that's just what iOS needed a fresh new look especially when unlike Android users are stuck with what Apple gives them, so iOS 7 is a winner for me but I agree the signal bar looks... like it needs changing!

canadianpj

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2008
Before iOS 7 everyone whined and complained that Apple needed a new UI. I was not among one of those complainers because I liked it just as it was. Now they have changed it and those same people are not happy. I was always for under the hood changes but keeping the same look because it worked.

They can keep some of the iOS 7 look in 8, but just more texture to stuff. That's what I'm talking about. Oh and they can restore the old keyboard and animated too.

Please do not say "Everyone". Again, I like the way it looks and know many other people who do. Unfortunately for some, things change. There are other options available out there if you are unhappy with the direction of iOS.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

Well, first, it's not necessarily the same people, but easily different groups of people. But, even some of those people that wanted change can be unhappy that the change that did come was a rather poor one in one way or another in their opinion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.