Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

.Mina.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2014
Hello!

I asked myself if anyone else maybe has this problem...
as I use the nMP with my Cintiq 24 HD touch I hear often as soon as I put my Wacom-pencil to the tablet and make a stroke - a *Click* from the computer.

As if it would always have to process every tip on the screen.

It's kind of annoying if I do some fast small strokes and hear always that the computer has to 'work'... *clickclickclick* :/

I mean - it's a very fast machine and I couldn't hear something like that on my old iMac...

As far as I can see it's just in Photoshop like that...

Has anyone else maybe experienced this as well?

Greetings,
Mina

ness96

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2013
Hello!

I asked myself if anyone else maybe has this problem...
as I use the nMP with my Cintiq 24 HD touch I hear often as soon as I put my Wacom-pencil to the tablet and make a stroke - a *Click* from the computer.

As if it would always have to process every tip on the screen.

It's kind of annoying if I do some fast small strokes and hear always that the computer has to 'work'... *clickclickclick* :/

I mean - it's a very fast machine and I couldn't hear something like that on my old iMac...

As far as I can see it's just in Photoshop like that...

Has anyone else maybe experienced this as well?

Greetings,
Mina

Is the sound coming from the internal speaker? That or the fan revving up. It has to be one of the two, as there's no other moving parts in the machine.

Have you tried muting the sound on your system to see if the click goes away? Perhaps the driver for the tablet is configured to make a click sound to let you know you have begun drawing on the pad?

.Mina.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2014
Hello!

Thanks, I tried that already.. but it doesn't seem to work if I turn of the sound.
The Wacomdriver has no option for sound, as far as I could see.

I tried to record the 'Clicks' - you can hear it pretty well in the recording... (well, I hope so...).

ClickSound.wav

This is the sound happening if one for example zooms in and out with the wheel on the Cintiq.
(Same sound as if I put my pencil to the screen)

Greetings,
Mina

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
Pity you put the click file in a place asking "Registration"

Hello!

Thanks, I tried that already.. but it doesn't seem to work if I turn of the sound.
The Wacomdriver has no option for sound, as far as I could see.

I tried to record the 'Clicks' - you can hear it pretty well in the recording... (well, I hope so...).

ClickSound.wav

This is the sound happening if one for example zooms in and out with the wheel on the Cintiq.
(Same sound as if I put my pencil to the screen)

Greetings,
Mina

Hello and I am sorry for your problem.
I wanted to hear that noise but unfortunately you put that sound file in a place asking registration.
One must already "register" in so many places that no need to add another to all the existing registrations. Don't you think so?
There are enough places where you can upload a small file for free without any need to register... And risk that your info will be sold to who knows whom!

Would you mind telling the configuration of your computer?

.Mina.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2014
?? Hm, strange, I searched for a hoster without registration - and I myself can download it without any registration... o_O
Alternative link:
http://www73.zippyshare.com/v/24251637/file.html

Despite that - I can't attach it here, I don't know why. (as a .zip)

It's a 6-Core, 16 GB RAM, D700...

Greetings,
.Mina.

.Mina.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2014
I just wanted to tell you what happened.

After asking the Apple-Hotline and several Service partners:

I got a new MacPro very fast - but same problems there.

So I kept my old machine and got a small discount.

Well well... there was another case reported to a Service-Partner just like mine, but also no solution yet.

Now I can buy a little locker for my MacPro - or just live with the Click.. ;)

Greetings,
Mina

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.