Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
I have a huge issue. I've lost every single contact card on my iPhone. Just this morning, all my contacts were present, then they disappeared sometime after I got home. Note that they are still present on my Mac and iPad, they're just not there on my iPhone. They're even present on iCloud.com. Any ideas on what happened? What can/should I do to solve this huge issue?

Last edited:

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
I would start by going into settings, icloud and switch contacts off and then back on.

Failing that sign out if icloud and back in on the settings app. Before reconfiguring icloud make sure you know your password etc!

First option should be sufficient tho.

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
I would start by going into settings, icloud and switch contacts off and then back on.

Failing that sign out if icloud and back in on the settings app.

Reboot the phone.

I tried both of these, and neither of them worked. As a matter of fact, I'm now having this issue with Calendar, too. I can still access all the data on my Mac and iPad, however. Making things strange is that other iCloud features like Photo Stream are still working and updating perfectly, on my iPhone (and the other devices, of course).

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2012
I tried both of these, and neither of them worked. As a matter of fact, I'm now having this issue with Calendar, too. I can still access all the data on my Mac and iPad, however. Making things strange is that other iCloud features like Photo Stream are still working and updating perfectly, on my iPhone (and the other devices, of course).

I'd do a reset on your phone and clear all the data off. Then sign in with your account or do restore from backup if you don't think your backups are corrupted.

You not jailbroken right?

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
Update

As it turns out, everything just needed some time to get re-synced. No restore is needed. Thanks for all your help, anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.