Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tonyn614

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2014
My iPhone 5c screen randomly increases in size about 50%. Only a reboot will reset the size of the screen. My previous phone was doing the same thing.
Anyone have the same problem?

Last edited:

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
My iPhone 5c screen randomly increases in size about 50% (see attachment). Only a reboot will reset the size of the screen. My previous phone was doing the same thing.
Anyone have the same problem?

There's no attachment, so not sure what you're referring to..

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Likely an Accessibility setting getting enabled/activated.

Go to Settings>General>Accessibility and see if Zoom is On.
And/or Settings>General>Accessibility and check Accessibility Shortcut setting (which is connected to pressing the home button 3 times).

Tonyn614

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2014
Vader, thank you for the suggestion. You were right the zoom was on. I turned it off then put it back on and tapped 3 times and it zoomed. Turned it off and tapped 3 times and no zoom. Thank you for your speedy help.

Vader

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2004
Saint Charles, MO
Vader, thank you for the suggestion. You were right the zoom was on. I turned it off then put it back on and tapped 3 times and it zoomed. Turned it off and tapped 3 times and no zoom. Thank you for your speedy help.

I'd also check what C DM said about the Accessibility Shortcut. If only one option is checked (like Zoom), this will toggle the Zoom setting on/off with every triple home button press without giving any feedback to let you know. If multiple options are checked, a selection of options will appear when the home button is triple pressed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.