Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluevast

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2013
I've played Skyrim in fullscreen mode forever running at 30fps today I set it in windowed mode and getting 50fps. Window mode still covers the whole screen minus the menu bar and there's a slight gap at the bottom where my dock is this brings me to my question. When I'm running all over Skyrim looking around my mouse keeps hitting my dock which then puts the mouse cursor in the game and I can't get rid of it. I have to restart. It's not just the dock because I've delayed the dock 100% and when the cursor finds it's way to that slight gap it appears again.
Moving the dock doesn't help. I need some way to keep the mouse inside that window alone. I've put hours into trying to find a solution but I can't find any:( If anyone can help I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
I've played Skyrim in fullscreen mode forever running at 30fps today I set it in windowed mode and getting 50fps. Window mode still covers the whole screen minus the menu bar and there's a slight gap at the bottom where my dock is this brings me to my question. When I'm running all over Skyrim looking around my mouse keeps hitting my dock which then puts the mouse cursor in the game and I can't get rid of it. I have to restart. It's not just the dock because I've delayed the dock 100% and when the cursor finds it's way to that slight gap it appears again.
Moving the dock doesn't help. I need some way to keep the mouse inside that window alone. I've put hours into trying to find a solution but I can't find any:( If anyone can help I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks.

Never see this problem when I used to play in a wrapper, probably because I only ever played in fullscreen, can I ask a question as in if the windows you are playing in is that big why not just use fullscreen ? Also silly question maybe, but are you sure it is a Wineskin wrapper ? Because mine was a Cider wrapper and I did not see many issues.

Where did the wrapper come from, The Porting Team or Paul The Tall's site, or did you make it ?

iMacFarlane

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2012
Adrift in a sea of possibilities
Never see this problem when I used to play in a wrapper, probably because I only ever played in fullscreen, can I ask a question as in if the windows you are playing in is that big why not just use fullscreen ? Also silly question maybe, but are you sure it is a Wineskin wrapper ? Because mine was a Cider wrapper and I did not see many issues.

Where did the wrapper come from, The Porting Team or Paul The Tall's site, or did you make it ?

OP stated he saw an improvement from 30 fps to 50 fps for roughly the same viewing real estate. That's an enormous gain in quality.

To the OP:
Is it the Steam version of Skyrim? I wonder what your results would be if you ran it in Steam's "Big Picture" mode.

bluevast

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2013
Unfortunately this is not the steam version. It is a Wineskin as I could not get skse running on the Cider. I used The Porting Team's wrapper when I first started playing on my mac then switched to Paul The Tall's version due to missing mod textures.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
Unfortunately this is not the steam version. It is a Wineskin as I could not get skse running on the Cider. I used The Porting Team's wrapper when I first started playing on my mac then switched to Paul The Tall's version due to missing mod textures.

Have you tried contacting the wrapper creator at all ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.