Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Toltepeceno

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 17, 2012
SMT, Edo MX, MX
Hello, I have the sb app installed and have pick of the week messages. When I click to download I get 282001 over "ok and clicking on ok closes it. I have read you can click copy and paste the string in safari but The string is formatted "ua://********-****-****-****-************ and goes nowhere in safari. The bottom number is 12 digits but no go. No other combo of 12 works. Yes, I have a US itunes account. Ideas? I have also reinstalled the app.

BfB

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2010
Hello, I have the sb app installed and have pick of the week messages. When I click to download I get 282001 over "ok and clicking on ok closes it. I have read you can click copy and paste the string in safari but The string is formatted "ua://********-****-****-****-************ and goes nowhere in safari. The bottom number is 12 digits but no go. No other combo of 12 works. Yes, I have a US itunes account. Ideas? I have also reinstalled the app.

I, too, am having the same problem. It's been going on for a while. I've tried the same things you have, even calling Starbucks customer service, only to have them tell me there's no known issues (LOL!), and to reinstall the app. That was a waste.

Toltepeceno

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 17, 2012
SMT, Edo MX, MX
I, too, am having the same problem. It's been going on for a while. I've tried the same things you have, even calling Starbucks customer service, only to have them tell me there's no known issues (LOL!), and to reinstall the app. That was a waste.
I emailed them, I got an autoreply back saying it would be a week for a real person reply.

eric5s

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2014
Same ...

I an having the exact same problem. Support e-mail me back today with an incredibly useless response:

From me:
Hello!I have an iPhone 5S, and I recently upgraded to the new version of the Starbucks app. I still receive messages for the Pick of the Week, but the links no longer work. This week's link looks like this:ua://5016[long string removed]. And when I click on the Download Now button, I just get a popup that says "282001". And that's it.What can I do to fix this? Thanks for any help.

--------------------------
Response:
Hello Eric,

I am sorry to hear of your difficulty in downloading Pick of the Week on your iPhone.

The Pick of the Week giveaway is a complimentary digital content card - the offering will change each week. The program will be the cornerstone of creating awareness, and habit, with our customers to purchase digital content from their neighborhood Starbucks.

Here are a few things we want you to know about your free download:
It is redeemable on the iTunes Store, the App Store or via the Starbucks Mobile App in "messages"
Requires an iTunes account
Subject to prior acceptance of license and usage terms
Please know that you can pick up a Pick of the Week card inside a Starbucks location or download Pick of the Week via the Starbucks Mobile App.

To download the Pick of the Week from within the Starbucks Mobile App, you can choose "Home" at the bottom of the page, then select "Messages." If there is a Pick of the Week available, it will be listed here. You just need to select it and tap, "Download Now."

If you continue to have difficulty downloading the Pick of the Week on your iPhone, you may contact Apple customer support at 800-APL-CARE (800-275-2273) or apple.com/support/contact.

If you ever have any questions or concerns in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Sincerely,

Angela S
customer service

Angievickers2

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2014
Ugh I have a 5s and have the same code pop up as well it's very irritating and I can't download anything at all

BfB

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2010
I an having the exact same problem. Support e-mail me back today with an incredibly useless response:

Angela sent me the same useless reply. I replied and let her know how I felt.

----------

I even linked them to this thread, lol.

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
I had this issue several times on Tuesday.
I was a bit ticked off. i tried once more last night and got it.

(Same exact code of numbers)

I thought I might need to go into the store and use their wifi system in hopes to get it,

I had an iP5S and switched back to iP4 this past weekend...this tuesday with the iP4 was the first issue i had.

Dustbunny

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2011
under the bed...
282001 is now the bane of my very existence...

Just got off the phone with Starbucks.

877-309-3180 Monday-Friday 5am-8pm and Saturday 7am-4pm (PST)

Was given a number of lame excuses as to why this might be happening.

- Make sure you are signed in, Ms. Rabbit! (I am)
- Make sure you are signed in to your iTunes account, Ms. Rabbit! (Yep, did that)
- Let's uninstall/reinstall the app. (OK)
- Sign back in (Did that)
- Let's check now! (Still same code: 282001)

Well, Ms. Rabbit, it appears that you have no card associated with your account! Perhaps that's why? (Nope, worked just fine prior to April 8. Try again.)

Well, Ms. Rabbit, it's could be because there is no balance against your account! Visit your nearest Starbucks, and for only $5 you can put a small balance on your account, and the card number will be yours from now on! That might fix the problem! (Will it? I asked. Can't be sure, he finally admitted)

So... if someone figures this out, please post.

Jwink3101

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2004
It took some serious searching (even had to try Bing) but I found the answer. Turn ON all starbucks notifications. You may not need all but I'd try with that first. Anyway, with them all on, Pick Of The Week works

BfB

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2010
It took some serious searching (even had to try Bing) but I found the answer. Turn ON all starbucks notifications. You may not need all but I'd try with that first. Anyway, with them all on, Pick Of The Week works

Thanks for posting up that fix! It does work perfectly. I would like to add, you only need to enable just 1 item on the Notification section for the Starbucks app. I tried multiple ones and they all worked solo, FYI. :)

eric5s

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2014
Thanks!

This worked-- thanks! It even made the older message work. Strange.

bklyn73

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2014
Is anyone still having issues with downloading Starbucks PotW, despite the app updates and workaround? I've turned on ALL notifications, but I still can't download anything.

Any other solutions?

chrissoracle

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2014
I tried all of the above and it didn't work. I deleted the app off my Mac also in hopes that it would resolve it, but it still didn't work. A few days later I tried to download an app still in my Starbucks message inbox and it worked. The only thing I did was sync my iPhone with my Mac after removing the app from both my phone and my Mac. I didn't do a software update (still running on iOS 7). Don't know why it worked but I am glad it did.

petim123

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2015
can't download Pick of the Week

I know this is older thread. I can't download Pick Of the Week from Starbucks app either. Has been problem since about Nov'14 but only now gotten fed up with it.
Can someone tell me for sure. Do I have to be in a Starbuck store and connected to their wifi in order for the downloads to work? I read yes and no.
The only thing I can remember is that sometime maybe around Nov I deleted 2 old cards from inside my SB app including the first one I had when I installed SB app. But I still have a gold card there with plenty of money, no privacy restrictions, location is fully allowed, all notifications are on with Alerts.
Another thing I notice is that from inside the App Store app, I search for "iTunes" then click to "Visit the iTunes Store" but nothing happens just like when I click the Redeem button in the SB app.
Can anyone think anything else. What have you done to make it work?
Thanks

bklyn73

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2014
@petim123

Make sure that your iTunes store app has no restrictions. I didn't realize that it was restricted, so once I OK'ed purchases, I was able to download Starbucks PotW items with no issues.

:cool:

petim123

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2015
Hi Bklyn73
I have a iPhone 5S with iOS 8.12. In Settings - iTunes & App Store all the options are turned on. Is this what you mean? Also I can login with my AppleID with no problem. I have a Music, Video and iTunesU apps with no restrictions. I don't have a iTunes app.
Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.