Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kychen38

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 17, 2014
Hi guys,
Recently something got under my screen protector and when I tried to lift the protector up to remove the dirt, it got worse. So I am asking if anyone knows how to clean it or does anyone know a good brand? My current one is an anti-glare one and when applied the screen clarity kind of goes away. I got the phone about 2 years ago and when I removed the protector, I just realized how clear everything is, lol. I don't need an anti-glare one, but I want one that doesn't make the screen unclear.

Thanks!

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Hi guys,
Recently something got under my screen protector and when I tried to lift the protector up to remove the dirt, it got worse. So I am asking if anyone knows how to clean it or does anyone know a good brand? My current one is an anti-glare one and when applied the screen clarity kind of goes away. I got the phone about 2 years ago and when I removed the protector, I just realized how clear everything is, lol. I don't need an anti-glare one, but I want one that doesn't make the screen unclear.

Thanks!

Assuming you have an iPhone 5 get these:
Tech Armor Apple iPhone 5/5c/5s Anti-Glare/Anti-Fingerprint (Matte) Screen Protectors [3Pack] Lifetime Warranty http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008THTK52/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_xujutb067VQ3M

If something happens you can ask for replacements from tech armor. Also to remove dust just use tape.

eddiec312

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2008
Miami, FL

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Recently something got under my screen protector and when I tried to lift the protector up to remove the dirt, it got worse.
Tape usually works for me but, just as when you're applying the screen protector, you need to ensure that you're in a relatively dust free environment or else you run the risk of making it worse as you've discovered.

alexander2020

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2014
Hi guys,

Thanks!

Since I haven't been in your situation, I don't know how to clean it. But I do know a good brand. I have been using Gearmaxx screen protectors for quite a while now and I'm really happy with it. I use their screen protectors on my phone, ipod and camera and its quality has really impressed me. you can buy an ultra clear one, that won't affect your screen's clarity. and they even ship for free. you should definitely give it a try.
http://stores.ebay.com/GEARMAXX

jacobclause

macrumors member
May 22, 2014
Screen protectors are cheap... I would just get a new one. And don't get Zagg, they are really really overpriced. I would recommend tech armor or amfilm or one of those main ones on the amazon homepage. Just read some of the reviews, and decide which one you think would work best for you.

I cant remember which one I have... i think it is tech armor.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Screen protectors are cheap... I would just get a new one. And don't get Zagg, they are really really overpriced. I would recommend tech armor or amfilm or one of those main ones on the amazon homepage. Just read some of the reviews, and decide which one you think would work best for you.

I cant remember which one I have... i think it is tech armor.

Tech armor has been great to me with getting replacements every few months. I just ask and they send.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.