Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrewsjra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2013
Last night I plugged my iphone 5 into my wall charger as I always do and when. I checked it early in the morning it didn't charge. In fact it had drained to 1%. I was astonished as I've never seem this before. It showed it was charging when I had originally plugged it in. I checked all connections and everything appeared good. After unplugging it I plugged it back in and it charged. When I checked later it was at 100%. I just thought it was strange that it didn't chafed the first time. Never had this issue before and not sure if this would be considered a hardware or software issue. I'm running ios 7.1 on my iphone 5. Has anyone experienced this or know someone with this issue?

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Most likely something in your lightning port prevented the pins from making a good connection. I've seen pocket lint cause issues.

andrewsjra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2013
It did look a little dusty near the lightning port. I cleaned it out. Hopefully that was all it was. Thanks.

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool
This happened to me awhile ago. It looked like enough lint built up in the lightning port that it wouldn't seat completely. A thin toothpick got it out though

andrewsjra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2013
The only things I question though is it was at 18% before I went to bed. It did make the tone it was charging when I plugged it in. I also found it weird it was diwn to 1%. I've never seen a drain like this while in standby mode.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.