Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gamecocksown

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2014
Hi guys, I just got an Anker battery case for my iPhone 5. I am curious as to if an external battery pack would be able to charge my phone through the case. Anyone know?

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Hi guys, I just got an Anker battery case for my iPhone 5. I am curious as to if an external battery pack would be able to charge my phone through the case. Anyone know?

Yes, the iPhone in the case charges first then the battery case. (that's the usual process for battery cases charging with the device in the case)
Just saying the Anker Battery case is generic version of many battery cases now on the market, in other words it is from a single factory that puts other companies logos on them. I'm a reviewer and I have 10+ of those and they all look the same.

gamecocksown

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2014
Ok cool. So I can still carry around my battery packs if I need even more power for my phone.

gamecocksown

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2014
Nice. Apparently the blue Anker case is said to be kind of flimsy, but I got the black one and it's not flimsy at all really.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.