Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MinBCrafter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2014
My iPod touch 5G is doing weird stuff after updating to iOS 7.0
Like battery percent icon go up and down
Lags on keyboard
But now my iPod is on 7.1.1
Battery move up and down even more
Now come Battery Drain
Lags Even More
On iOS 6 it never did that
I have try battery cabiltion and the battery percent still move up and down
Help

$M.H$

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2014
My iPod touch 5G is doing weird stuff after updating to iOS 7.0
Like battery percent icon go up and down
Lags on keyboard
But now my iPod is on 7.1.1
Battery move up and down even more
Now come Battery Drain
Lags Even More
On iOS 6 it never did that
I have try battery cabiltion and the battery percent still move up and down
Help

iOS 6 was the best :"-(
I WISH I CAN DOWNGRADE !

I have the same problem (soda)
Try to Rest your device

Crimson24

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2013
Pennsylvania
iOS 7 has completely destroyed my battery life on the iPod touch. The prongs on the inside which match the lightning connector have also corroded so it won't charge unless I hold it a certain way. But that problem is also present with some iPhone and iPad users. It's not as durable.

Anyway, little rant over. Yes, the battery life is now horrible. Apple needs to redo their little battery estimates; "40 hours of audio" and "8 hours of video" was for sure the iOS 6 results, not this. My iPod is gone. Now I'm waiting for the iPhone 6 since my plan is up. That is going into a battery case ASAP to preserve the pins inside.

Ah, there was a time where Apple products were more durable :(

Ruzinvincible

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2014
hi i bought a new ipod5 16gb with camera a week ago
i am not getting good battery back up , usually play real racing 3 30 mins, use whatsapp over wifi i browse some site on safari
and i use wall charger , the battery charges in an hour (full charge )
is battery defective or i am trying something wrong ?
i have low brightness background apps closed and all the things to low
help appreciated

Outrun1986

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2010
My battery lasts max 3 hours and about 2 hr 20 min or less average.. This is just for wifi and apps, no games

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I found that turning off background refresh on most of my apps significantly improved my battery life.

I can get several days in standby and about 5-8 hours of usage depending on what I'm doing.

Outrun1986

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2010
Yes I have tried battery calibration, doesn't help. It just drains and drains and drains. I don't keep apps in the system tray either unless I am using them and I only have 1-2 apps that use background refresh. Brightness is at like 30%. I had the same exact problem with the 4th gen touch except the drain was so much worse on that one. It just seems like the batteries on these devices start to fail after 1.5 -2 years. The touch battery cannot be replaced due to the fact that it's heavily soldered in and paying apple $80 for a battery replacement on something that really should last longer without showing signs of deterioration is not an option for me especially since this is an outdated device.

I also do not like the fact that the battery meter jumps around, it will hit red then when you close the app you are using and press the top power button to sleep the device it comes back up to 75% or so. Of course after that it will drain again when you start using another app.

I do not have problems with batteries on other devices, just these apple ones. Other devices my batteries last years and years without signs of failing and they drain gradually, not bouncing around. Oh yeah my iPad 2 is fine as well, has great battery life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.