Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Miguel760

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 8, 2013
I was having trouble with my iTunes Match not saving any changes I made to songs. I decided to let it expire and just upload everything all over again. It finally expired today and I want to renew. The thing is, I'm wondering if my old library will still be in the cloud. Does anybody know how long it takes for iTunes to delete what the've matched and uploaded if match isn't renewed? THANKS!

impaler

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2006
USA
I was having trouble with my iTunes Match not saving any changes I made to songs. I decided to let it expire and just upload everything all over again. It finally expired today and I want to renew. The thing is, I'm wondering if my old library will still be in the cloud. Does anybody know how long it takes for iTunes to delete what the've matched and uploaded if match isn't renewed? THANKS!

I couldn't find any Apple support articles that describe what happens when you let your account expire. Given Apple's typical way of doing things, though, I honk they'd just delete everything from their servers if your account expires. Renewing your account after expiration would probably result in you having to redo it all.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4914

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
I've heard some people say that after renewing a few months after expiration, their music was still there. For some, it wasn't.

djshack

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2010
Boston, MA
Apple once told me after three months or 90 days your old library will be deleted. If you restart it before then, your old library will still show up again.

allisonfranz

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2014
Boston
I am having the same issue. Apple support passed me to Itunes support which suggested I re-associate my IPhone with my account. That didnot help. Escalating to AppleCare Support and hope to hear back this week. Frustrating!!

Jstuts5797

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2013
The first time I had iTunes Match I let it expire then probably 3-4 months later I resubcribed... I was hoping that my library was still there, and it was. One thing though was that it checked my hard drive to make sure I still had the physical copies of those songs. The ones it couldn't find it removed from match. This happened because I had moved some to an external HD. So I had to re add those songs to my library. From what I remember before I resubscribed I tried to research the answer and didn't find any for sure answers. It seemed as if it was hit or miss of your library stayed or not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.