Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sdimas

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2014
USA
So today was a very great day for me, I bet you can guess why ;p
I got an amazing deal on the 15" retina MacBook Pro at Best Buy.
I was able to use my $150 off student discount coupon (expires today: July 12), a 10% movers coupon that I purchased for $2 on eBay because my post office did not have these. AND they have a limited time offer of an extra 10% back in rewards for use in store!!!
To put this into perspective
rMBP 15" top tier BB price = $2469.99
-$150 student discount
-10% movers coupon
Total price paid with tax (7%) = $2230.xx
Already an amazing deal right???
but hey I opened a new credit card (which I will pay the balance in full) and will receive around $220 for in-store credit, which I will apply towards the purchase of a sleeve for this amazing notebook, and the rest will go towards the purchase of an iPad mini 2.
All in all, just wanted to let you guys know that you can essentially get the top tier rMBP at Best Buy for just around $2000 (possibly lower with lower sales tax).

Also want to note: The person that was ringing me up at the counter did not want to take the 10% movers coupon and was saying something it not always working and it being only for accessories. But I just asked him to try and ring it up regardless and it worked without problems.

Even those who do not have a $150 off coupon and only have a $100 off coupon will still get an incredibly amazing deal.

Just wanted you guys to know about this awesome offer and hopefully I will save many people lots of $$$ (I accept donations from your savings ;P)

This is the first thread that I typed on my new & first MacBook Pro. Looking forward to using using this machine to its full potential :D

----------

almost forgot...those who are in the Elite and the Elite Plus category (spent more than $1500 & $3500 respectively) will also receive an additional %10 and %25 in points bonuses which are used to obtain your rewards certificate. I was not in either of those categories, but also wanted to tell you guys about that too.

Happy Saving :D

idelgado782

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2010
Congrats!!! Awesome deal!!! And of course you'll love your machine!!! $200 in certificates is fantastic!!!!

Epiphron

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2010
Good deal! I'm thinking about doing the same, but I feel I'll have buyer's remorse when the new Macbook comes out later this year, even if it's a little bump or price drop perhaps

sdimas

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2014
USA
That's what I was thinking too.. But then you'll have the same thing when the next model comes out as well. I would be disappointed if the next refresh comes with a fanless design, but that probably won't happen. Plus this is the top tier so it will be enough for years to come

EstebanLGJ

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2014
Austin, Texas
Good deal! I'm thinking about doing the same, but I feel I'll have buyer's remorse when the new Macbook comes out later this year, even if it's a little bump or price drop perhaps

I was like that too, but I realized that you can get 2012 models for very cheap. I think its kind of worth it.
Your situation sort of happened to me with my 2010 MBP 4 years ago, but I got over it a couple months after the release and enjoyed my new babe.
Anyway, good luck with whatever you choose to do! :apple:

sdimas

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2014
USA
*UPDATE*
just received an email from best buy confirming that my purchase has been registered and the points will be added to my account by 7/27. 10.5k points translates into a $210 BB certificate.

mmberry1

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2012
I did the exact same thing as you but didn't buy it with the best buy card to get the 10%. I should go return and re-buy it to get the 10% certificate bonus. The the high end MacBook Pro is awesome and not regretting the purchase at all.

jharvey71884

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2011
I did the exact same thing as you but didn't buy it with the best buy card to get the 10%. I should go return and re-buy it to get the 10% certificate bonus. The the high end MacBook Pro is awesome and not regretting the purchase at all.

You using as your only machine? You using with an external?

Djlild7hina

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2009
Dang! I should've signed up for their card. I kinda went in at closing time when i bought mine though so I felt bad. Thought they closed at 10 but it was 9 lol

sdimas

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2014
USA
Can you use it as soon as you sign up or do you have to wait for it?

Yes, you are billed to the credit card right away, although you do not get a physical card. It'll be sent to you in the mail. It's been 5 days and I've yet to get mine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.