Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mojolicious

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 18, 2014
Sarf London
When I press the tab key in Safari 7.0.5 on my Mini, the highlight has started to move between *every* selectable item. If I press it now while composing this post, for example, it will move to the tags field (which I'd expect it to) but then only the 'submit new thread' and 'preview post' buttons, every 'additional options' checkbox and button, before jumping up into the menu bar and moving across each button there (back/forward/home/bookmark etc), the URL/search field, onto the bookmarks favourites and the page tabs.

As far as I'm aware nothing has changed recently. I've disabled plug-ins with no effect. I've checked the Accessibility system prefs and it's nothing in there. I've checked Onyx, the only 'tinker tool' style utility I use, and there's no option there to enable/disable such behaviour. Either I'm completely blind and it's in front of me in the Safari prefs, or I need to admit defeat and reset Safari.

I'm sure it's a very simple answer, but it's doing my head in...

mojolicious

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 18, 2014
Sarf London
Have just spent an hour shuffling around Safari-specific preferences, uninstalling/reinstalling Glims, etc etc etc, before having another look at System Prefs.

Turns out that Keyboard > Shortcuts had 'Full Keyboard Access' set to 'tab key moves focus between all controls', rather than 'text boxes and lists only'.

Which suggests someone pressed control/function/F7 simultaneously.

I blame the cats.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.