Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lilith2014

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Good day,

I have a mbp2,2 (late 2006) 4gb ram and 2.3 Intel Core 2 Duo 15 inches and is about to die. I dont have money so a friend is selling me her 2010 13" 2.4 Intel Core 2 Duo with 4 gigs ram and the trackpad doesn't work (I have mighty mouse)for 300 bucks.

Should I buy it? comparing the specs of my old mac?

Thanks

brdeveloper

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Brasil
Good day,

I have a mbp2,2 (late 2006) 4gb ram and 2.3 Intel Core 2 Duo 15 inches and is about to die. I dont have money so a friend is selling me her 2010 13" 2.4 Intel Core 2 Duo with 4 gigs ram and the trackpad doesn't work (I have mighty mouse)for 300 bucks.

Should I buy it? comparing the specs of my old mac?

Thanks

Try selling your old MBP (why is it about to die, by the way?). I wouldn't buy a Macbook with a defective trackpad, unless you're sure you can repair it. Some trackpads just need tightening (actually a very little tightening) in a screw below the trackpad. You need removing the battery to access it.

I would try finding an affordable 2011 13" MBP, so you'd get a more modern architecture, a Thunderbolt port and SATA-III in the HDD bay (SATA-II in the optical one). A 2010 Macbook is a great machine with a SSD and 8GB+ of RAM, it runs Mavericks smoothly, but it's pretty outdated for someone who already have a Mac, I guess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.