Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LoneZ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2014
I have an iPad 4, ver 6.1.2 stuck in a boot loop.
So what happen was, I was updating some apps and browsing some comics on deviantart. But at time when the image doesn't load, I download i them through safari download manager. Then view it through iFile. So when i open the image. IFile crashed. Opening it up again and it froze. So I ended the app and open it a few times but it still froze. So I went to restart springboard (Not sure why but yeah.) and my iPad froze. So I did the hard reset and it got stuck it a boot loop. I tried using iExplorer to get rid of all the corrupted files in the download folder thinking that might be the cause but it is still in a loop. So I'm pretty sure the "Corrupted apps" are causing the boot loop being that I restarted the phone while they are updating. Also Booting in DFU mode does no allow me to restore my iPad (Maybe my iTunes is no update to date). But I really need help to fix it.

Edit : Not sure if this is the right section or is it the Jailbreak section. If so, can an admin move it?

Last edited:

LoneZ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2014
I have solved the problem by renaming the corrupted app that I was updating. The thread can be closed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.