Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

DavidBlack

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2013
Somewhere In Apple's HQ ;)
Post your bugs, new features, or changes in iOS 8 Beta 4 you have noticed. I'll try to keep this post updated...

Bugs:

• After sending a text and backing out to convo view, that thread cannot be accessed until you close Messages or they reply (update: sometimes manage to access by initiating app switcher and then returning to messages)
• In quick reply, the bottom of the keyboard does not work. Including the 123, emoji, space and return button. It activates buttons above it.
• iCloud Drive document syncing does not work.
• If a SMS message is received, but left unread, it will notify again on restart.
• Speak Selection isn't playing back any audible sound.
• On iPhone, swiping up for Control Center when the keyboard is visible results in key presses being registered before Control Center appears (works properly on iPad).
• "Hey Siri" may not work until you have used Siri the normal way (hold home button) at least once.
• Brightness can be changed in Display and Brightness AND Wallpaper Setting
• Setting the wallpaper to the gray dynamic one, upon reboot it changes to the purple one.

New/Enhancements:
• Bug reporter app has been removed.
• Tips.app released (Screenshots #1, Screenshots #2).
• New Control Center UI (iPhone Screenshot, iOS 7 iPad Screenshot, More iPad).
• You can ask Siri things regarding iTunes Store, iBooks and podcasts.
• New Display & Brightness option on setting main page.
• New Bookmarks Icon in Safari (Screenshot).
• QuickType option in settings has been changed to "Predictive".
• New options under Messages settings for expiring Audio/Video messages.
• Icon for Emoji keyboard changed (Screenshot).
• In Battery Usage settings menu, an icon has now been assigned to the Home & Lock Screen usage placeholder.
• A new option has been added to Settings > Mail/Contacts/Calendar to show/hide recents/favorite contacts from the task switcher.
• Swipe actions for Mail can be changed in settings (swipe left on an email to flag, swipe right to mark as read, etc).
• Under Mobile network there are now 2 options for data roaming. Data roaming and EU-internet. Speculation: EU-internet could be an opt-in for data roaming only when user is eligible for the new intra-EU data roaming charges.
• In many apps, dictation transcribes text in real-time, like Siri (Video) (Video 2)
• iPad: If you exit an app using the pinch gesture and a folder is open on the home screen, the folder now fades in instead of abruptly appearing.
• New sounds when recording/stopping a video as well as taking panoramas.

Bug Fixes:
• Fixed a bug that caused the SpringBoard to crash when a device is locked while viewing a folder.
• Fixed a bug that caused location-based recommended apps from appearing on the lock screen.
• Transparent Weather app bug fixed (Affected the iPhone 4S, and iPod Touch)
• App Store no longer crashes when searching for an app.
• Auto correct doesn't disable in Mail when replying.
• Issue with Headphone controls and behavior has been resolved (music app crashing, audio not switching from headphone to speaker when unplugged).
• Private mode no longer saves history.
• iCloud contact sync for some users is now working.
• Issue where music app would crash to a black screen when iTunes Match was enabled, appears to have been fixed
• Printing no longer creates printouts with missing text.
• Turning the camera upside-down no longer causes a crash.

App Compatibility:
• Tile app crashes on startup (disputed by TheKrs1. Loads fine for me)

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Might be better to keep bugs separate from actual changes (fixes, modifications, enhancements, etc.)

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
Before anybody tries anything funny... this is straight from arn:

"If someone abuses their privileges, they will be banned from future Wiki editing."

Engage brain before fingers.

superbad

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2009
I'm having problems installing this. It goes on a cycle where it says Verifying update > restarts then it says update needs to be installed again.

Any ideas?

schwinn89

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2014
New Control Center look!

Attachments

• control_center.png
    control_center.png
    465.4 KB · Views: 646

vista980622

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2012
New slide to upgrade screen
New Display and Brightness Settings location
Text and Bold Size located in new Display and Brightness Setting
Tips app!

Via iDownloadblog

N e e k

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2011
I also feel like there are UI changes when you tap on an item. Could just be in my head though.

Multitasking smoothness has been changed (a little more fluid)

"Recents" UI changes in multitasking

superbad

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2009
Try holding both buttons until the apple logo shows up

I tried that and it still cycles. My guess is that my phone went on auto standby while it's "Verifying Update" for the first time. I figured out how to delete beta 4 OTA from my iPhone and I'm redownloading now. Hopefully that fixes it. Otherwise, I might need to restore. Ugh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.