Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
I have a couple of videos I am trying to drop in iMovie for a tribute video for our dog (leaving us tomorrow) and can't find anything that works...I have tried dropping the youtube link into clipconverter with no luck. Any quick suggestions?

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
You can't "drop" movies into iMovie. You have to import them via the Import button in the latest iMovie or via the File Menu>Import Movie... in the previous version.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
You can't "drop" movies into iMovie. You have to import them via the Import button in the latest iMovie or via the File Menu>Import Movie... in the previous version.

I can "drop" a movie from Finder on another screen right into iMovie without ever going to the menu....I was actually able to just rename it and it worked great.

Jaery

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2014
Well, how to say, it all depends on the converter you choose. Now there are many freewares. You need to choose one that can keep the quality. I use ADORESHARE FREE .MP4 TO .MOV CONVERTER. Or you can get some others on Google

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.