Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spoon man

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
Hey,

Long time since I last posted on this site but here is my problem and I would like some help.

Today I had my mac on in the back ground and my google drives popped up asking for my password to log in, which isn't unusual for it to do when I put the password in it did that incorrect shaking thing and asked for it again I tried 2 more times and nothing then my keychain popped up asking for a password which after 3 times that didn't work, after the 3rd time my mac displayed the loading circle and then restarted itself.

When the login screen appeared I put my password in as normal but again it didn't recognise it I even tried my apple ID password (for iTunes) due to I changed it earlier during the day, I'm now having to use my Guest account.

This is what I have tried so far with no luck...

Tried using first aid via Keychain but I cannot gain access to my account because the password doesn't work.

I have tried to Reinstall the OSX but that didn't work.

Done a disk verification and repair on my HD drive the shown that their was some problems and that it needed repairing which I did but as you can guess it didn't work.

I'm out of ideas any help would be great my only other option is to contact Apple Support and have to pay £35 for a single support incident which I don't want to do just yet any advice would be great.

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.