Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kylera

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
Title says all. Has anyone encountered any issues while playing WoW on the Yosemite public beta?

I have a MacBook Air that I use more for work compared to my iMac, so I'm going to nuke the iMac and install the beta. I also figure the only thing I do a lot of on my iMac is gaming or watching movies anyway, so no major loss.

irnchriz

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Scotland
Title says all. Has anyone encountered any issues while playing WoW on the Yosemite public beta?

I have a MacBook Air that I use more for work compared to my iMac, so I'm going to nuke the iMac and install the beta. I also figure the only thing I do a lot of on my iMac is gaming or watching movies anyway, so no major loss.

Been playing successfully on Yosemite for about a week. No issues, just as fast as on mavs

BuCkDoG

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2013
I haven't had any issues at all with the beta playing WoW. Good FPS and great temps as well.

BuCkDoG

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2013
With the new DP5 the FPS went ways down for some reason and the GPU is lagging now in the game. Not sure what happened but it has significantly taken a hit in WoW with DP5.

King Shady

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2010
San Jose, CA
With the new DP5 the FPS went ways down for some reason and the GPU is lagging now in the game. Not sure what happened but it has significantly taken a hit in WoW with DP5.

Same thing happened to me here. 2012 rMBP user, I usually play at 1080p (or one setting higher) w/ good/fair settings and get 45-60 fps. After the update I've been experiencing freezes and stutters which interrupt gameplay severely. I reset my SMC and everything is back to normal; I would highly recommend trying this!

BuCkDoG

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2013
Same thing happened to me here. 2012 rMBP user, I usually play at 1080p (or one setting higher) w/ good/fair settings and get 45-60 fps. After the update I've been experiencing freezes and stutters which interrupt gameplay severely. I reset my SMC and everything is back to normal; I would highly recommend trying this!

Thanks for the update King. I have reset the SMC and it does generally fix it for the most part but I was still encountering some lag spikes in the 25 man raids. I usually play at "Retina" Res on Fair settings and its always been a blessing to play but I had to back down the res because it couldn't handle the resolution for some reason with the DP5 update. I am confidant things will get back together soon. Thanks for sharing your advice!

King Shady

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2010
San Jose, CA
Thanks for the update King. I have reset the SMC and it does generally fix it for the most part but I was still encountering some lag spikes in the 25 man raids. I usually play at "Retina" Res on Fair settings and its always been a blessing to play but I had to back down the res because it couldn't handle the resolution for some reason with the DP5 update. I am confidant things will get back together soon. Thanks for sharing your advice!

That's crazy that you can run it all full retina haha; do you have the 750m or 650m model?

BuCkDoG

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2013
That's crazy that you can run it all full retina haha; do you have the 750m or 650m model?

I have the 650m Model. I have the ME665LL/A model which is the 2.7 quad i7 only 6m L3 cache though not 8M L3, 16GB RAM, 512 SanDisk SSD. It can run at Retina Resolution very nicely at fair settings man. Even good settings is awesome but you drop about 15 FPS and the comparison in FPS to clarity in my opinion isn't worth it. Fair settings its fine with the high quality resolution so thats why I trade in good settings for fair because of the FPS. Overall, still a great experience and nothing like it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.