Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamj575

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 17, 2011
Tennessee
Walked in best buy today...I had been planning on waiting for a new mini to come out but saw they had a sign out for 499 for a nib i5 mini...I picked it up and went ahead and bought one...as I was leaving the sales associate walked over and took down the sign...he said his boss told him to mark them back to 589...not sure if this was just a mix up on their part and I got lucky or if a sale is on the horizon....

Captain Nougat

macrumors member
Dec 26, 2008
Orange County, CA
It was actually on sale last week, marked down $100.

It reverted back to $589 today so that was probably what you saw. They probably sold it to you at the price since it was what you saw displayed and like you said they corrected their mistake of leaving it out too long.

mad3inch1na

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2013
Walked in best buy today...I had been planning on waiting for a new mini to come out but saw they had a sign out for 499 for a nib i5 mini...I picked it up and went ahead and bought one...as I was leaving the sales associate walked over and took down the sign...he said his boss told him to mark them back to 589...not sure if this was just a mix up on their part and I got lucky or if a sale is on the horizon....

As Captain mentioned, it was on sale last week. With the $100 you can get a 256GB SSD :).

adamj575

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 17, 2011
Tennessee
gotcha fellas, I was still thrilled with the discount not knowing there was a sale last week...typing this on my new mini now and couldn't be happier!

apfelmann

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2007
At the German counterpart of BESTBUY they also had a massive sale and I ordered an i7 mini for 600 euros! (Normally it is 799 at APPLE STORE).
The i5 would only have cost 450 but I think I need the quadcore ...

garbage-barge

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2014
Oh man. I had the i7 in my cart on Saturday night. Decided to sleep on it, came back the next morning and it was back to regular price!

Glad to see they've dropped again... though now I'm going through the same hand-wringing all over again.

justinTlME

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2014
Oh man. I had the i7 in my cart on Saturday night. Decided to sleep on it, came back the next morning and it was back to regular price!

Glad to see they've dropped again... though now I'm going through the same hand-wringing all over again.

If you want a mini and you want the 2.3 i7 just jump on it. I pulled the trigger on mine over the weekend. Wanted to buy from best buy with the sale but I couldn't do it because I wanted the 2.6 with fusion more than I wanted the sale… And I didn't want to fuss with doing the fusion myself.

garbage-barge

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2014
Sale's over now! It was, as others pointed out, a "Cyber Monday in July" special.

My new mini's scheduled to arrive tonight.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.