Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dbanderson1

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2013
So I am cutting the cord this fall when I move because I will no longer have the money or time for cable. In preparation I built a WMC DVR to replace my cable box. Now that I have it set up... I'm wondering, is there good way add my recorded shows from WMC to iTunes so that I can sync shows for travel?

If not, are there any programs that you recommend over WMC that record in a apple friendly format that I would simply be able to point my iTunes to?

Billit

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2013
Illinois
It's been awhile but I've done this myself in the past. In Explorer, right click on the video file and select "Convert to .dvr-ms Format". Windows will create a new file with a extension of .dvr-ms. You can then use Handbrake to convert to a m4v file. Be sure to move the file from the Recorded TV library folder to somewhere else on the hard drive before opening Handbrake as Handbrake doesn't seem to recognize the Recorded TV library folder.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.