Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KeegM480

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
So my iPad likes to randomly freeze and the restart often times getting into a reboot loop. Eventually it will boot up fine, but sometime holding the home and power button to do a hard reset gets it to turn on.

Generally I will be doing something and the ipad will just freeze for a bit then eventually reboot or go into a reboot loop.

Other times the screen will flash, go static, then fade out and it will reboot or go into a reboot loop.

I can't recreate this, it doesn't matter if I have lots of apps open, few apps open, wifi on, Bluetooth on, nothing seems to be altering whether it happenes or not.

Any suggestions?

s2mikey

Suspended
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
That doesn't sound good. Did this start happening after a certain app was installed or after turning on a certain feature? Is there any rhyme or reason to when it does it? If not, well.... Not looking good. May be a hardware issue creeping up on you in which case you'd be in trouble.

It's possibly worth doing a complete factory reset though. That would eliminate any software or app problems anyways.

KeegM480

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Did your ipad jailbreak? My ipad had this problem when it was jailbreak it.

It started doing this before I jailbroke it.

That doesn't sound good. Did this start happening after a certain app was installed or after turning on a certain feature? Is there any rhyme or reason to when it does it? If not, well.... Not looking good. May be a hardware issue creeping up on you in which case you'd be in trouble.

It's possibly worth doing a complete factory reset though. That would eliminate any software or app problems anyways.

No, it just randomly started doing it one day, I tried several resets

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.