Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacMiguel

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2012

Yah, I'm gonna upgrade to the next gen iPhone4,7" from a Gold 16Gb iPhone. Of course, providing the new iPhone cost <= 700€. I've recently heard about an increment of 100 € on the base model, I'm not willing to pay more.

Woochifer

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2007
Nope.

Bought mine unlocked on the release date last year, and use a contract-free BYOD plan. Gonna enjoy it for a while longer, kinda like a paid-off car.

The 5s still has a lot of life left in it, and I look forward to upgrading mine to iOS 8.

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
I get every iPhone on launch day. I don't let "not having an upgrade" get in the way. If you time it just right, you can get top dollar for your iPhone and only need to "kick in" the equivalent of the subsidized pricing anyway.

That being said, I just switched from T-Mobile to Verizon, and I brought my 5S over (it was a Verizon model anyway)... so my account it eligible for a subsidy... that I will use on the iPhone 6!

RiddlaBronc

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2013
Mcallen Tx
Only if it can be reserved. Waiting two months after the 5s was released left a bad taste.

Ill probably go back to the black color, gold has ran its course

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
I likely will upgrade using Next to get off my existing contract without paying ETF.

afinch1992

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Yup. Just found out my new job will be paying $100/month for a phone, so I will be taking my business to T-mobile (pending the test drive results next week). I will be financing the phone monthly, so nearly free phone and plan :cool:. If that doesnt work out I might give ATT next and go.

Daniel3102

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2014
To the people that answered yes to this; ARE YOU NUTS?! Lol! There is NO WAY I could ever justify going from an "s" model to a "numbered" model!! besides the bigger screen, the 4s was only a little slower than the 5. The 5 is only a little slower than the 5s (if not equal in real world use). I suspect that the 6 will be about double the speed as the 5s, which doesnt translate as alot in real world use (loading apps, watching videos, playing games...). IMHO, theres no way I'd upgrade every year, its a waste of money! Lol :apple:

----------

Nope, keeping mine until it breaks.

Finally someone with some sense! Lol! I'll probably be keeping my 5s until it's no longer supported by the latest iOS :D

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
To the people that answered yes to this; ARE YOU NUTS?! Lol! There is NO WAY I could ever justify going from an "s" model to a "numbered" model!! besides the bigger screen, the 4s was only a little slower than the 5. The 5 is only a little slower than the 5s (if not equal in real world use). I suspect that the 6 will be about double the speed as the 5s, which doesnt translate as alot in real world use (loading apps, watching videos, playing games...). IMHO, theres no way I'd upgrade every year, its a waste of money! Lol :apple:

A "waste" of money is an opinion. I love technology. I like being on the bleeding edge of technology. I think the couple hundred I spend each year on the new iPhone is worth it as a little treat for myself once per year. I don't drink. I don't do drugs. There are a lot worse things than iPhones that I could be spending my money on.

pure-rockstar

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2014
I already know I'm not going to be able to get one on launch day because the unlocked ones are coming out later.

Daniel3102

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2014
A "waste" of money is an opinion. I love technology. I like being on the bleeding edge of technology. I think the couple hundred I spend each year on the new iPhone is worth it as a little treat for myself once per year. I don't drink. I don't do drugs. There are a lot worse things than iPhones that I could be spending my money on.

Ok you're right, it is my opinion. I agree that there are ALOT worse things to buy than iPhones! Lol I just don't see it being the biggest speed boost, therefore I see it as a waste of money. Hey, if you can justify getting a brand new phone every year, thats awesome! I cant! Lol! :p

AxoNeuron

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2012
The Left Coast
I am on the plain old 5, I will definitely be upgrading. The iPhone 5S is actually the first time I didn't upgrade to the latest and greatest, mainly because of the fact that I am an impoverished college student who had other electronic toys to buy :p

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Finally someone with some sense! Lol! I'll probably be keeping my 5s until it's no longer supported by the latest iOS :D

I've been using PDAs since the Windows Mobile days. I don't use it for the cool or new factor, I use it because it's useful for me and me only. People are fine to do whatever they choose, but this is how I'm doing it, and have been doing it. Unless something isn't working, for me, I'm not replacing it.

I will keep my 5S, again, until it breaks. I have freed myself from the majority of apps that require syncing other than iCloud, except Evernote, which still works with its original OS X Leopard client so I'm not too worried about losing access. There's always workarounds to a lot of other things if the worst happens.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Yes I will be upgrading from my current 5s, mainly because I want a bigger screen so a 4.7" or a 5.5" would do nicely.

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
For those of you on the iPhone 5s, will you upgrade to the 6 when it's released?

To the people that answered yes to this; ARE YOU NUTS?! Lol! There is NO WAY I could ever justify going from an "s" model to a "numbered" model!!

Why are people nuts? So by your logic, we should only buy the S models? Have fun while others enjoy their new phone.

Daniel3102

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2014
Why are people nuts? So by your logic, we should only buy the S models? Have fun while others enjoy their new phone.

Ok why is no one understanding me?! I THINK THAT THERE IS NOT ENOUGH REASON TO UPGRADE FROM THE 5S TO THE 6. Clear? I dont have anything against numbered models!! Am I clear now? Lol

----------

what do you mean "Have fun"? I'm not saying that you shouldn't get the 6. IMHO I don't think its worth going from a 5s to a 6. If you want to waste your money, have fun with that ;) But as I've said, IMHO I cant justify getting it because the 5s is perfectly fine :)

allthatjazz

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2011
Ok why is no one understanding me?! I THINK THAT THERE IS NOT ENOUGH REASON TO UPGRADE FROM THE 5S TO THE 6. Clear? I dont have anything against numbered models!! Am I clear now? Lol

----------

what do you mean "Have fun"? I'm not saying that you shouldn't get the 6. IMHO I don't think its worth going from a 5s to a 6. If you want to waste your money, have fun with that ;) But as I've said, IMHO I cant justify getting it because the 5s is perfectly fine :)

such a sour attitude. Just bought the 5s this week or something? what may be a waste of $ for you is completely justified by others...no issues upgrading annually here :)

jer04

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2012
Townsville, Australia

This.

I didn't upgrade to iPhone 5s this year tho. For the first time I didn't feel like upgrading to a new iPhone. Looking forward to iPhone 6, hopefully it has something that interests me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.