Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2003
Hi, I am a new owner of a beautiful 13" MBA and this is by far the best laptop I've ever own! I really love the form factor and size of it. So portable and light! Definitely won't be needing the iPad anymore now.

Which brings me to my next question. I am looking for a nice, fashionable and stylish messenger/shoulder bag. Something to compliment the beautiful, minimalistic design of the MBA. Could you guys recommend some nice bags. I will post an example or two of what I'm looking for.

cl60485-ipdmini-fldbg-blk-hero1-web.jpg

cl60396_-ctybrif-drkkhaki-access-web.jpg

Skoma

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2014
I love my Cote & Ciel bags. I currently have:

1. Isar Rucksack, which i would certainly recomend. It's not a messenger but it looks great when carried on one shoulder, and you always can wear it back-pack-style when you feel tired.

2. Spree messenger bag, which I prefer for summer as I have a bright one.

You can check the collection here: http://www.coteetciel.com/en-LT/all-products

djfirth

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2004
Columbus, OH
I slip my MBA 11" into the internal magazine pocket of a Levenger "Stanley Traveler," which is a smallish leather brief/bag. Awesome construction. However, Levenger discontinued my exact model. Currently they sell an almost exact version called the "Tusting Clipper." Their "Bomber Jacket" tech bag looks nice, also.

Levenger stuff isn't cheap, but it'll last forever and beats some nylon thing.

rickymichal

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2014
Hi, I am a new owner of a beautiful 13" MBA and this is by far the best laptop I've ever own! I really love the form factor and size of it. So portable and light! Definitely won't be needing the iPad anymore now.

Which brings me to my next question. I am looking for a nice, fashionable and stylish messenger/shoulder bag. Something to compliment the beautiful, minimalistic design of the MBA. Could you guys recommend some nice bags. I will post an example or two of what I'm looking for.

Hi,

Is this is the kind of bag you are looking for??

http://www.soulfulcollection.com/collections/leather-messenger-bags/products/leather-laptop-messenger-bag

macrumorsuser10

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2010
Here are some nice-looking bags.

I will buy almost anything from Banana Republic. Here are their current men's bags.

Karter nylon bag:

cn7445054.jpg

Greyson leather messenger bag:

cn7101625.jpg

Pretty much anything from Ernest Alexander is great. This one in particular is the Ernest Alexander Crosby bag. I prefer black, but they rarely make black bags.

bag-15a.jpg

J.W. Hulme Continental Messenger Bag

736E6-2T.jpg

Lotuff Canvas and Leather English briefcase. In the past they've only offered $1000+ leather bags, so it's good to see them moving to canvas as well.

Canvas-and-Leather-English-Briefcase_-Black-1b_1024x1024.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.