Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TomD1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2012
In order to create the perfect iPad, Apple needs to add for me:

Hardware:

-2GB Ram & A8 Chip

-Laminated Screen (no air gap)

-Stereo Speakers

-Improved Camera with a Flash (handy as flashlight, for measuring heart rate,...)

-32GB base storage

-Touch ID

Software:

-Stock-Apps for Weather, Stocks, etc..

-Real iPad apps instead of stretched iPhone apps like the music app

-Running 2 apps side by side would be nice

------

What would you add to make the iPad perfect?

Last edited:

exizeo

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2014
In order to create the perfect iPad, apple needs to add for me:

Hardware:

-2GB Ram & A8 Chip

-Stereo Speakers

-Improved Camera with a Flash (handy as flashlight, for measuring heart rate,...)

-32GB base storage

-Touch ID

Software:

------

Most of these are pretty imminent (hardware). I just want to next iPad's screen to be just like my iPad 3's. The mini/Air's screen just didn't feel as hefty. And tbh, it's not outrageous to ask for a goddamn flash on a $500 device - neither is 32GB. Hell, the tablet I had pre-iPad had a flash. Touch ID will be coming according to rumours.

And tbh it's plain stupid to NOT have Weather and Stocks on the iPad.

(I agree with just about everything you said btw).

But what would make me upgrade? Not much...same feel as my iPad 3, Touch ID, and 2GB of RAM. And a Calculator App...there's no feeling like having an iPad for productive use then needing to pull out a calculator.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Most of these are pretty imminent (hardware). I just want to next iPad's screen to be just like my iPad 3's. The mini/Air's screen just didn't feel as hefty. And tbh, it's not outrageous to ask for a goddamn flash on a $500 device - neither is 32GB. Hell, the tablet I had pre-iPad had a flash. Touch ID will be coming according to rumours.

But what would make me upgrade? Not much...same feel as my iPad 3, Touch ID, and 2GB of RAM. And a Calculator App...there's no feeling like having an iPad for productive use then needing to pull out a calculator.

Can't you just download a weather and calculator app?

That's what I've done.

For me the two things they could add are multi window ability and Touch ID. That's all it needs IMO as it's pretty close to perfect already.

exizeo

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2014
Can't you just download a weather and calculator app?

That's what I've done.

For me the two things they could add are multi window ability and Touch ID. That's all it needs IMO as it's pretty close to perfect already.

Would be nice to have one that doesn't have ads...or, one that fits in better with Apple's minimalistic design, similar to the iPhone/Pod's apps.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA

disagree. If anything Apple should remove such apps. And a great deal more like language packs. let us pick what we want and need and give us more space for our chosen data rather than a bloated up iOS

not an apple issue. talk to the developers about that one. they are the lazy ones that aren't making proper versions

Q-Dog

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2007
I think my ipad air is damn near perfect as is. But, I would love it if Apple could make an anti glare screen.

exizeo

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2014
There is 100% a designed for the iPad Music app on the iPad.

What is being talked about are things like Instagram where there is not an iPad GUI but just the 2x of the iPhone. which is not an apple issue but a developer one

This is enormously annoying for me, particularly the keyboard. Hell, and the fact that there's black bars on either side of the screen because they're made for 16:9 screens. And snapchat...

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
There is 100% a designed for the iPad Music app on the iPad.

The original iPad music app, the one that looked more like a stripped down version of iTunes, is what I would call a "designed for iPad" app. The current version has too much white space, and does look like a stretched out iPhone app. See attached screenshot.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 106

TomD1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2012
The original iPad music app, the one that looked more like a stripped down version of iTunes, is what I would call a "designed for iPad" app. The current version has too much white space, and does look like a stretched out iPhone app. See attached screenshot.

Exactly, such a shame because the iOS 6 version was awesome.

----------

Yahoo weather doesn't have ads.

Yahoo Weather is nice but the stock weather app on an iPad retina display would look even better imo.

juanrp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2014
Florida

Hardware:

-2GB Ram & A8 Chip
Agree.
This needs to be done as I have dirt or something under the screen of my $429 tablet :mad:
-Stereo Speakers
Eh, the current speakers are decent enough for me. I use headphones 90% of the time.
I don't find myself using the iPad camera at all...so I don't see a flash as a necessity, but like a convenience sometimes.
-32GB base storage
I'm guessing you put this so apple would make this the least expensive model? I see them dropping the 16GB (when it stops selling) but not the price of the 32GB.
-Touch ID
This is basically a given.
Software:
Doubt it.
The stock apps you asked for will probably be stretched out versions so....
I don't see the convenience in this.
------
:rolleyes:

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Yahoo Weather is nice but the stock weather app on an iPad retina display would look even better imo.

The stock weather app on the iPhone? That would be another stretched out iPhone app, wouldn't it? If Apple does make a stock iPad weather app. I hope it includes as much info as the Yahoo weather app. I especially like the timeline view in Yahoo weather. It really takes advantage of the big iPad screen, IMO.

TomD1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2012
The stock weather app on the iPhone? That would be another stretched out iPhone app, wouldn't it? If Apple does make a stock iPad weather app. I hope it includes as much info as the Yahoo weather app. I especially like the timeline view in Yahoo weather. It really takes advantage of the big iPad screen, IMO.

Yeah sure. i was talking about the background. I don't really like the pictures they put up there. The animations apple's app look cooler imo.

Still kinda strange. They offer a calculator on the mac and iPhone but not on the iPad, don't know why.

----------

Yeah I hope most of these features will make it in the next iPad, I really have no idea what they'd put in the 2015 iPad tho, the 2014 one will be almost perfect. If the rumours are true.

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009
iPad mini(first gen), iPad mini with retina, iPad Air all have stereo speakers.

Anyways the Air is the perfect iPad for me and it will be for some time.

rei101

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2011
iPads need to be able to transfer midi and audio via USB cable.

I have some audio applications and they can not be controlled from OSX what is super stupid.

I mean, you can have Garage Band in your iPad but you are not able to control it from Logic.

chupachup

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2013

Hardware:

-2GB Ram & A8 Chip

-Stereo Speakers

-32GB base storage

-Touch ID

Software:

------

The perfect thing would be for them to put a calculator on the iPad.

Another Apple nonsense not to put the calculator on the iPad.

The other Apple stock apps are bloatware. Most people would like to delete them if they could.

Last edited:

chupachup

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2013

You pull out a calculator? Really?

That's easier than downloading one of the hundreds of free calculator apps on the App Store?

I downloaded Hicalc hd on my wife's mini. No ads. Better than the IOS calculator. It is stupid they don't put one, but it is not like you can't.

ourmountain

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2012

Hardware:

-2GB Ram & A8 Chip

-Stereo Speakers

-32GB base storage

-Touch ID

Software:

------

Or, Apple could release whatever they want and tell the overly demanding people like you to go get bent.

I'm kind of hoping for that option, personally.

iPhonemaster5S

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2011
Colorado

Hardware:

-3GB Ram & A8 Chip

-Sapphire Anti Glare Screen

-Integrated Bang & Olufsen Speakers

-16 megapixel camera with flash

-32GB base storage

-Touch ID

-Cellular enabled on all models

-Wifi AC

-LTE-A capability

-Dual SIM
Software:

TomD1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2012
iPad mini(first gen), iPad mini with retina, iPad Air all have stereo speakers.

Anyways the Air is the perfect iPad for me and it will be for some time.

Not when you hold it horizontally for (music) video's tho. Almost every tablet has got stereo speakers by now, I'm sure apple can put them in the iPad too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.