Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
if you could design the iphone based on your favorite features from different iphone generations what would it be?

here's my ideal iphone.

material, iphone 4/4s all around glass (preferably sapphire next iteration)
chamfered edge front bezels
touchID and thinness of iphone 5/5s
separate volume rocker from iphone 4s/5s
curve back from 5c

that would be perfect :apple:

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
THIS…
244.jpg

s15119

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
I'd design a phone with a battery that would last a week in heavy use. It would look pretty much like the iPhone 4.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
The iPhone 5S is pretty darn good. I would create the likely 4.7" model iPhone 6 that's coming based on it. I like the circular Touch ID because it gives you more surface area than the Galaxy model.

I would love to see the 3.5" jack killed in favor of using the Lightning port as a de-facto USB port. Include a Lightning-to-3.5" adapter so people can still use those devices. But I'd like to see a massive move in audio to wireless technologies or using things like USB cables for digital transmission. If every audio device you could think of had a USB port -- and more and more do -- that could be used for transmission of audio that's probably going to sound better than an analog cable. The Lightning-to-USB cable that comes with every phone could plug up into sound systems, car stereos, etc. Apple was looking at putting the Lightning connector in future Beats headphones, so you could use that or just one of the USB connectors -- my Beats model already has a mini-USB jack for power.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
I agree with the lightning port to substitute from 3.5. but how can we use it and charge at the same time?

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
Wow. The same folks that scream about Apple's lack of "innovation" and when asked what they'd do?:

4 with bigger battery and chamfered edges. Or make the 5 all glass.

Bravo *slow clap*... Bravo

Pretty hard to make mesmerizing changes to an already revolutionary device eh?

Putting a pin stripe on a Ferrari... Lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.