Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeffg819

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2006
Since I have an iPhone, an iPad, and one Mac still on previous versions of their respective operating systems, not going to head down this road just yet. Might be a lot of folks in the same place.

uwbadger66

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2014
iCloud Drive not Syncing

My iCloud Drive has not been syncing for the past week. Does anyone know if it is down, coming back online? just wondering if the problem is unique to me.

rob.go.rob

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2014
upgrading does not work

I'm trying to upgrade my ipad mini from icloud to icloud drive and it does not work. It keeps upgrading forever.

Maybe it is related to this sync issue?

uwbadger66

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2014
thanks

Thanks for all of the replies. Yes, I checked to see if the services were up and running. However, as of this morning, all of the documents that I have created in the last week indicate that they are "waiting." Nothing is syncing with iCloud drive.

RonPriest

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2010
iCloud Drive is another epic FAIL by Apple in an attempt to provide any reasonably dependable cloud syncing services, go figure! Last month when Yosemite was released, I signed up for 300 gb of storage and added 70+ GB to my iCloud Drive folder which I just wanted to keep synced between 2 Macs. It took forever to sync, as a matter if fact, Im not sure it EVER did fully sync. I have Xfinity (Comcast) as my ISP and as most are aware, they have a 300 GB a month Bandwidth limit. I have never exceded it, and normally do go over 200 GB a month (and I don't use Netflix or any other streaming/download movie services). I started getting warning from Comcast that I was reaching my limit and then i went over my limit, and eventually by the end of the month, I used over 800 GB of bandwidth. Then, 2 days into the new month, I had used over 50% of my monthly limit, Im like WTF! I decided to turn off iCloud drive and the problem was resolved. So I decided stop syncing that 70+ GB of data, move my data to a different drive/folder and deleted it from my iClould drive in Finder thinking it was gone but no! It's still on the cloud. Anytime I turn on iCloud Drive back on it wants to eat up my bandwidth again and start syncing that data. I finally just had to turn off iCloud Drive on all of my computers/devices and contacted Apple. They couldn't even delete the files on the cloud. They put my account in troubleshooting mode and it's been almost 2 weeks now and Im still waiting for them to fix this issue. At this point I just what them to delete those documents so I can turn iCloud Drive back on so the applications that use iCloud Drive can sync its data, but at this point in time, I can't use those applications because I can't turn iCloud Drive back on, not if I want any bandwidth left for the rest of the month. Im so dissipointed in Apple, they have totally screwed up with iCloud Drive! What a shame, I really thought they would get it right this time, but they just can't seem to get a clue how to make this service work. Maybe they need to buy DropBox and or SugarSync so they will have someone smart enough to fix it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.