Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EbookReader

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 3, 2012
It's getting very competitive. European competitive. Too bad it's for family plans only. Where the love for individual plan?

Line 1: $50
Line 2: $30
Line 3-10: $10 per line

10 lines total = $160 / 10 lines = $16 per line
9 lines total = $150 / 9 lines = $16.67 per line
8 lines total = $140 / 8 lines = $17.5 per line
7 lines total = $130 / 7 lines = $18.57 per line
6 lines total = $120 / 6 lines = $20 per line
5 lines total = $110 / 5 lines = $22 per line
4 lines total = $100 / 4 lnies = $25 per line

Each line get unlimited talk, unlimited text, 2.5GB of LTE data, throttled afterward.

Also have that Unlimited Music Streaming thing that doesn't count toward your data.

zachnelson

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2010
It's getting very competitive. European competitive. Too bad it's for family plans only. Where the love for individual plan?

Line 1: $50
Line 2: $30
Line 3-10: $10 per line

Each line get unlimited talk, unlimited text, 2.5GB of LTE data, throttled afterward.

Also have that Unlimited Music Streaming thing that doesn't count toward your data.

Too bad your information is wrong.
Lines 3-10 are not $10/each.

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011
I really wish I could support T-Mobile. I love what they're doing. They're basically a niche player but the way they've rattled AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon has benefited us all.

In the end there's a reason why AT&T and Verizon cost more. And that's what's keeping me from switching. :(

m3nphls

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2013
Tax kills the deal. About 23% cell tax here in NYC and since I'm in the military and travel quiet a few around the states, I'm first hand witness of other guys with no service compared to my Verizon LTE.

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
Tax kills the deal. About 23% cell tax here in NYC and since I'm in the military and travel quiet a few around the states, I'm first hand witness of other guys with no service compared to my Verizon LTE.
I agree with you on this. If you are a traveler tmobile is not for you.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
All these new plans are nice and dandy. But bottom line is these plans do nothing for consumers who are on single lines.

That's the difference between Europe/Asia and USA.

UK has what? $20/30 USD wireless plans for primary line (they don't have "family plans per se" in UK

USA has $60? Verizon subsidized plan and $50 ("sim free") plan for single lines?

Until single line customers get adequately addressed by the big four carriers in the USA, consumers will not get fair deals.

We all know it's by design. Verizon stopped reporting average revenue per line (because they had been decreasing). Now they report average revenue per account. Those monthly revenue look "good to investors" on paper.

"Verizon no longer reports average revenue per user (ARPU) but instead now is reporting average revenue per account (ARPA). The company made the change to account for its More Everything shared data plans. In the first quarter, Verizon's retail postpaid ARPA was $159.67 in the quarter, up 6.3 percent year-over-year and the carrier said 50 percent of its postpaid accounts were on More Everything plans"

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story...-customers-paying-more-100-average/2014-07-21

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
All these new plans are nice and dandy. But bottom line is these plans do nothing for consumers who are on single lines.

That's the difference between Europe/Asia and USA.

UK has what? $20/30 USD wireless plans for primary line (they don't have "family plans per se" in UK

USA has $60? Verizon subsidized plan and $50 ("sim free") plan for single lines?

Until single line customers get adequately addressed by the big four carriers in the USA, consumers will not get fair deals.

We all know it's by design. Verizon stopped reporting average revenue per line (because they had been decreasing). Now they report average revenue per account. Those monthly revenue look "good to investors" on paper.

"Verizon no longer reports average revenue per user (ARPU) but instead now is reporting average revenue per account (ARPA). The company made the change to account for its More Everything shared data plans. In the first quarter, Verizon's retail postpaid ARPA was $159.67 in the quarter, up 6.3 percent year-over-year and the carrier said 50 percent of its postpaid accounts were on More Everything plans"

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story...-customers-paying-more-100-average/2014-07-21

Well said.
They are cooking up the books and shifting around the numbers not to show that they're losing money, profits and subscribers.
I know that we are nowhere near the prices that other countries have for wireless service but with the moves that tmobile has been making for the past year many things have changed for the positive in the US wireless industry.
Much more competition, more options and better prices.
I believe individual plans will follow soon also.

EbookReader

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 3, 2012
Well said.
They are cooking up the books and shifting around the numbers not to show that they're losing money, profits and subscribers.
I know that we are nowhere near the prices that other countries have for wireless service but with the moves that tmobile has been making for the past year many things have changed for the positive in the US wireless industry.
Much more competition, more options and better prices.
I believe individual plans will follow soon also.

Sprint could have been the one to do it. And differentiate itself from AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile who are all focus on FAMILY PLANS.

Sprint dropped the ball big time.

Why don't Sprint market itself as the carrier for individual and get rid of family?

$20: unlimited talk and text
$25: unlimited talk and text 1GB of data
$30: unlimited talk and text 2.5GB of data
$35: unlimited talk and text and 5GB of data

Sprint would gain a lot of customers.

Retired Cat

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2013
Sprint could have been the one to do it. And differentiate itself from AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile who are all focus on FAMILY PLANS.

Sprint dropped the ball big time.

Why don't Sprint market itself as the carrier for individual and get rid of family?

$20: unlimited talk and text
$25: unlimited talk and text 1GB of data
$30: unlimited talk and text 2.5GB of data
$35: unlimited talk and text and 5GB of data

Sprint would gain a lot of customers.

I like this idea, but I hate Sprint's handset locking policy and disallowing non-Sprint phones on their network. Sprint needs to address this unfriendly policy first.

MVNOs are the best option for single-line plans. Cricket is down to $35/month for their basic unlimited plan if one uses their autopay.

EbookReader

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 3, 2012
I like this idea, but I hate Sprint's handset locking policy and disallowing non-Sprint phones on their network. Sprint needs to address this unfriendly policy first.

MVNOs are the best option for single-line plans. Cricket is down to $35/month for their basic unlimited plan if one uses their autopay.

The price advantage is still with Family Plan, which sucks.

$35 (with autopay) $40 without for unlimited talk, unlimited text, 500MB

vs.

unlimited talk, unlimited text, 2.5GB of data for each line

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Never found a need to switch and still haven't, I find AT&T has been consistently good. T-Mobile had gotten better over the years, but I am satisfied with AT&T. I was never interested in Verizon because back when they had CDMA only I couldn't really travel with their phones (plus I was buying unlocked phone and they only came in GSM versions).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.