Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

New photos of various components said to be from the iPhone 6 have been shared by Nowhereelse.fr (Google Translate), giving us a glimpse at both internal and external parts to be used in the device.

ne_iphone6_trayshome-800x666.jpg
The first set of images show SIM card trays and home buttons in a range of three different colors, which may indicate that the iPhone 6 will keep the same space grey, gold, and silver options from the iPhone 5s. This is in line with a previous leaks, including one from last month which also showed SIM trays in three different colors. The SIM trays shown in the photos also appear to be slightly curved, and was likely designed with the iPhone 6's thinner, rounded chassis in mind.

ne_iphone6_embeddedlogo-800x666.jpg
Another set of photos shows the embedded Apple logo, which has also surfaced in other leaks. However, Nowhereelse indicates that the logo scratches under regular pressure with a knife, and contrasts prior speculation that the logo was made of scratch-resistant metal. Apple has not used an embedded Apple logo on its mobile devices since the original iPhone back in 2007.

ne_iphone6_motorspeaker-800x334.jpg
Finally, the last set of photos show the internal speaker and vibrator motor of the iPhone 6. Both components appear to be different than their predecessors found in the iPhone 5s, as the internal speaker appears to be larger while the vibrator motor now sports a rectangular design.

According to Re/code, Apple is expected to announce the iPhone 6 on Tuesday, September 9. It is likely that the 4.7-inch version of the device will go on sale about a week later, while the 5.5-inch version may be released at a later time due to production delays. A report yesterday from Re/code also stated that Apple will unveil a wearable device at the event.

Article Link: New Photos of Claimed iPhone 6 Parts Show Closer Look at Rear Logo, Revamped Speaker

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Hopefully the speaker performs better then the current model. I always thought it be better

Menopause

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2011
Dat Apple logo!

ftioi9.jpg

Sad it scratches, because it looks very much like 'Liquid Metal' of the SIM-removal tool.

MentalFloss

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2012
An embedded logo? What a dealbreaker. Looks like I will stick with my iPhone 3G. They should fire Jony Ive. This would not have happened under Steve Jobs. This shows the long slide downwards that Apple has been on for several years now. The logos on Android phones are much better. There is no more innovation from Apple anymore. The logo is too black. I can't believe they only use two holes to attach the logo to the case. Jony Ive messed it up again. The logo is not black enough. They should have improved battery capacity instead of messing with the logo. This would not have happened under Steve Jobs. Once again they are concentrating on design instead of features. I guess this means there will be no 256GB iPhone 6. I thought Tim Cook was supposed to be an expert for logos. This is Jony Ive's fault again. As expected, no innovation. They should concentrate more on getting the design right instead of fiddling with all those new features. This looks like a 1:1 rip-off from Android. Looks like the logo will not have NFC. This would not have happened under Steve Jobs.

TobyKoch

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2011
Looks like the first liquid metal part in iPhone. Really Great. Can't wait to get my hands on it.
:apple: brand in liquid metal :cool:

adamw

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2006
It won't be long now... Just a handful of days until the official launch!

pedromcm.pm

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2014
Porto, Portugal
expectations

Me sad :-(

I thought that the logo would be another small part of the iPhone made with liquidmetal, before a liquidmetal-only product like the hypothetical iWatch.

Based on that: bummer.

About the iPhone itself, I'm more and more convinced that selling 50 million iPhones in 3 out of 4 quarters of Apple's 2015 fiscal year is a reality.

d0minick

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2011
as someone with a 5 with just horrendous battery life cant wait! Then ill send the 5 in for batt replacement and keep as a backup.

Very excited to see if the speakers are louder, it is a problem area. Or maybe ive been getting deaf as ive gotten older!! Dont doubt it!:D:D:D:D

----------

Hmm. I'd still like to see a black/spacegray backplate. The new logo material looks great though! :D

i agree really digging the dark logo.

moeafg

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2014
Birmingham
When I read the first few sentences I was like "Oh god, another moaner". But you pretty much summed up MR ;)

An embedded logo? What a dealbreaker. Looks like I will stick with my iPhone 3G. They should fire Jony Ive. This would not have happened under Steve Jobs. This shows the long slide downwards that Apple has been on for several years now. The logos on Android phones are much better. There is no more innovation from Apple anymore. The logo is too black. I can't believe they only use two holes to attach the logo to the case. Jony Ive messed it up again. The logo is not black enough. They should have improved battery capacity instead of messing with the logo. This would not have happened under Steve Jobs. Once again they are concentrating on design instead of features. I guess this means there will be no 256GB iPhone 6. I thought Tim Cook was supposed to be an expert for logos. This is Jony Ive's fault again. As expected, no innovation. They should concentrate more on getting the design right instead of fiddling with all those new features. This looks like a 1:1 rip-off from Android. Looks like the logo will not have NFC. This would not have happened under Steve Jobs.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England

Lol. I laughed at this.

You're complaining about a logo that "is not black enough". Plus, this might be fake.

Please, wait until Apple at least unveil the iPhone 6 or you have it in your hands before you decide.

As always, the next iPhone will look stunning.

moeafg

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2014
Birmingham
Lol. I laughed at this.

You're complaining about a logo that "is not black enough". Plus, this might be fake.

Please, wait until Apple at least unveil the iPhone 6 or you have it in your hands before you decide.

You do realize it was sarcasm right......? :rolleyes:

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
Lol. I laughed at this.

Woosh!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.