Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Newmacer2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 14, 2009
Denver Colorado
I have an iMac with 10.9.4. I tried to run a CD on it that I've used before, but now the message I get is the CD is blank. It's not. It's loaded with important photos. I've cleaned the CD twice, so it's not dirty. The last time I used the CD I was running an older system version. I think it was Snow Leopard. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

lancerx78

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2004
The most common reason would be that your disc wasn't "finalized"... that is, the burning session was left open so that you could add more files to the disc. Failing to finalize a disc leaves often leaves it unreadable on other systems.

Newmacer2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 14, 2009
Denver Colorado
Thanks

The most common reason would be that your disc wasn't "finalized"... that is, the burning session was left open so that you could add more files to the disc. Failing to finalize a disc leaves often leaves it unreadable on other systems.

That makes sense. However, when I burned the CD on a PC, I don't remember being asked if I wanted to "finalize". Further, I have several other CDs that were burned the same way, on the same system, and I am able to open them. Is there a work-around to retrieve my photos?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.