Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jaxd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2011
So I'm having issues with sending SMS messages on my MacBook - does anyone have any ideas how to fix it?

I've done a fresh install of iOS 8 on my iPhone 5S and I signed out & in of my iCloud account on my MacBook Pro (13", Retina) however it still is unable to send them (it attempts to send them then says failed - I still receive them no problem without any issues)

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
So I'm having issues with sending SMS messages on my MacBook - does anyone have any ideas how to fix it?

I've done a fresh install of iOS 8 on my iPhone 5S and I signed out & in of my iCloud account on my MacBook Pro (13", Retina) however it still is unable to send them (it attempts to send them then says failed - I still receive them no problem without any issues)

Same here. Several restores. Just have to wait for next release and hope it works. I imagine it will.

bova80

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I've had instances where it sent successfully and then tells me it failed. It's been hit or miss, sometimes it fails outright, sometimes it doesn't and sometimes it says it does but doesn't.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
I was having a problem with it on my Mac Mini but not on my Macbook Air. Yesterday I had a problem with my Printer on the Mini. In both cases a reboot seemed to solve the problem No idea what was causing the problems.

Belmont31R

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2012
Having some issues but messages seem to be going through still. If I start a text on my MBP but then delete the words to write something else I will get failed message on my phone in red letters immediately before I finish the text. Sometimes if I write something, and send it, my phone will alert that the message failed but it still goes through.

Still a couple months before the public release so Im not too worried about it. Those are just annoying bugs but texts still go through so Im not too worried about it at this point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.