Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

buchnich

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2014
What do you think the odds that the MacBook lines (specifically the Air) will be updated on the 9th or at a later date in October maybe?

JHUFrank

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
I think 1 in 80 is pretty favorable odds. My guess is more like 1 in 50000

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
What do you think the odds that the MacBook lines (specifically the Air) will be updated on the 9th or at a later date in October maybe?

Pretty freaking long. The September event is for iPhone. There may be another event in October (or later), or simply a silent launch. No Mac of any kind will be announced September 2.

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013
There will be no refresh of the mba line.

The new iPhone and iPad line will be intoduced, as well as the new mac mini that will ship with Yosemite.

I haven't heard anything specific about the iWatch.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011

Not going to happen. Here's why:

- The series chips Apple currently uses in the MBA are still current and will remain current until at least end of Q1 2015. There's nothing to replace the current line with. MBP maybe.

- They're not going to introduce a complete redesign at this point. We'd have seen leaks of photos of casings and components, which we've seen absolutely nothing indicating a complete redesign.

- There's no reason to at this point. They're selling well according to Apple's most recent financials.

- The technology just isn't there. In order for Apple to follow their normal product progression, they need to either evolve in speed, design, and function. There's nothing to speed bump to, and the natural evolution will be retina screens. With current battery and processor combination, retina isn't possible without either doubling the thickness, or halving the battery life. So until the next-gen chips come out in 2015, which are lower voltage, no chance of seeing retina.

Hope that helps. I'm actually following the MBA lineup quite closely. My 2013 11" is just out of warranty now, so I think Im going to get a 2014 and config it custom.

mwa

Suspended
Jun 3, 2013
Memo: A Slower Seesaw!
I don't think it's likely at all. The MacBook Air was just refreshed earlier this year, and barring a major design shift recent Mac hardware updates happen overnight.

Plus, the event tagline indicates it'll be about the iPhone or some well connected device that implements voice control and upsets the industry again.

Ramius

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2008
Is any october event confirmed?
Has Apple said this september conference is just for iPhone?

Im waiting for a Macbook air update. But is it actually coming? what happened to the rumors of a complete redesign of macbook air?

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
1. Is any october event confirmed?
2. Has Apple said this september conference is just for iPhone?

Im waiting for a Macbook air update. But is it actually coming? what happened to the rumors of a complete redesign of macbook air?

1. No.
2. No.

But it still ain’t happening. They already refreshed the MBAs earlier this year. There may be another refresh this year, but it won’t be done at the iPhone event on 09/09. Write it down. In ink.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.