Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

logicstudiouser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2010
I have surpassed the 30 days after buying my iPhone 5, but am still within the first year of my iPhone 5 purchase. My limited warranty expires the end of September.
My question is regarding the 'normal' applecare which is still available for purchase in the UK. Like a mac, it can be added within the first year of purchase and adds an additional 2 years of coverage.
I found a reputable seller selling the iPhone protection plan retail box sealed/new for around $50 after shipping on ebay
Can I register my U.S iPhone in the UK with my UK Apple ID if I buy the normal 'AppleCare Protection Plan for iPhone'?

merrickdrfc

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2011
Doncaster / Berlin
Not sure how it works with ebay, thought I remember seeing something about AppleCare not playing nicely with buying it on there. But I'm fairly sure that Apple warranties are international, so you should be able to buy AppleCare in the UK no problem.

I rang up AppleCare last year to purchase 'standard' AppleCare for my old iPhone 5 that I was giving to my parents, they were more than happy to provide it, think it was around £69

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.