Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rxpman18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 31, 2014
Hey guys the other day I realized that my iphone housing was bent! I had it flat on my dinner table and it was raised right near the minus volume sign! Their is no significant damage on the phone and everything is intact but I was wondering if that would be covered under warranty! It looks like it bent because of a weak point or something cause you can see that their is a lot lf stress in the frame right near the minus volume sign, the frame looks wavy there! One side is bent but the other is not! Also some cases that fit really snug will not work with it anymore because of that!Do you think apple will replace this under warranty?

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
As long as there is no other significant damage, Apple have been known to usually replace iPhones because of this problem.

Book an appointment at your nearest Genius Bar and be polite, and you'll probably come away with a newly refurbished model (which are just as good as new).

eelw

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
As long as there is no other significant damage, Apple have been known to usually replace iPhones because of this problem.

Book an appointment at your nearest Genius Bar and be polite, and you'll probably come away with a newly refurbished model (which are just as good as new).

But Apple has also been known to reject this issue and call it physical damage.

But yes make the appointment and be polite and hope you get one of the nice genius techs.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
It's worth a try. A pretty girl with a low cut top to the distract the "genius" just might work. He'll never even look at the phone. :)

JOSE891

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2012
Las Vegas
Hey guys the other day I realized that my iphone housing was bent! I had it flat on my dinner table and it was raised right near the minus volume sign! Their is no significant damage on the phone and everything is intact but I was wondering if that would be covered under warranty! It looks like it bent because of a weak point or something cause you can see that their is a lot lf stress in the frame right near the minus volume sign, the frame looks wavy there! One side is bent but the other is not! Also some cases that fit really snug will not work with it anymore because of that!Do you think apple will replace this under warranty?

This happen to me a few months ago, I had to fight tooth and nail with them to replace it, talked to 2 managers and finally the store manager came in a replaced it for me as I was leaving. Ironically just like 2 months before I had the phone replaced and immediately called apple care and they approved a exchange, but they aid it was only for 30 days and the Apple Store tried to accuse me I did it even after looking at my call notes.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Definitely send in a distracting girl.

Micro skirt, g-string poppping out, 6-inch heels, pasties only. I think they might even give you a new Mac Pro!

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
Bent enclosures are covered under warranty on the 5/5S, as long as there's no obvious signs of physical damage.

If it's bent enough that it wobbles slightly on a table, you shouldn't have a problem. If it looks like you sat on it, then you might have to put up a fight.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.