Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elyah

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2011
Mac book Pro keeps rebooting screen keeps turning on turning off I hear the sound like it's ready to start then shuts off again and again kind of new to Mac book Pro here's how the problem started was watching 4k video on YouTube browser Google Chrome realized second too late should've pause or stop the video as it was playing Instead I went to settings and switched to the highest resolution Computer shut off immediately could not get it to start went into recovery erase hard drive if I remember correctly there might of been in Error code when I did erase installed a fresh copy of Maverick I have a time machine backup and
carbon copy cloner maverick on external hard drive i've started carbon copy cloner from the external hard drive computer starts. With no problem Anyhow I apologize I am not good with explaining. I also have AppleCare but before I go if anyone would be so kind give me some help on troubleshooting or what to do or ideas what it could be would greatly be appreciated Also in the process I my learn something from you guys for future troubles I read this form a lot and I have learned a lot. Just from reading in this Forum specs to my Mac book are Processor 2.3 GHz intel core i7
Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphic Intel Iris Pro
Hard drive Apple solid-state drive 1TB
Software OSX 10.9.4 Mac book Pro

Paradoxally

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2011
Very hard to understand your issue with that wall of text, but if you have a CCCloner backup and that boots, just restore it to your SSD and it should boot.

simonsi

Contributor
Jan 3, 2014
Auckland
Best go straight to Applecare, I for one cant tell what happened to cause you to go into "recovery erase hard drive" from your description.

It would be dangerous to suggest further actions for you without being able to understand what has happened.

elyah

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2011
Very hard to understand your issue with that wall of text, but if you have a CCCloner backup and that boots, just restore it to your SSD and it should boot.
I apologize for the bad grammar . I have restored The ccc Cloner back up to SSD drive same issue . Thank you both for at least replying and trying to help appreciate it again I apologize for the long and bad grammar

McGiord

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2003
Dark Castle
Try a fresh install and test again.
Try hardware test to check the hardware.
While in the Finder open the Console and check for the error messages to identify what is going on.
Create another user and boot with it, if troubles go away it's a software issue.

elyah

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2011
Try a fresh install and test again.
Try hardware test to check the hardware.
While in the Finder open the Console and check for the error messages to identify what is going on.
Create another user and boot with it, if troubles go away it's a software issue.
update got it to reboot one time. Everything was fine until I Unplug the battery charger on computer and it shut off bye it self again plugged the battery charger on computer again and it started rebooting again process started over again kept rebooting battery percent shows 88% charged
Going to church right now when I get back I will install a fresh copy and keep you posted thank you

elyah

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2011
update got it to reboot one time. Everything was fine until I Unplug the battery charger on computer and it shut off bye it self again plugged the battery charger on computer again and it started rebooting again process started over again kept rebooting battery percent shows 88% charged
Going to church right now when I get back I will install a fresh copy and keep you posted thank you
disk utilities to install new copy of Maverick disk Erase failed couldn't unmount disk . got this message

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 61

elyah

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2011
Okay for the second time I've installed fresh copy of Maverick with new account same thing happens at boot up keeps shutting off and turning on and off constantly rebooting. I don't assume to know much about computers but I'm believing to think hardware failure will take to be repaired next question closest Apple Store for me is an hour and 40 minutes away recently they opened up in my town a store called simply Mac they are authorized by Apple anybody have any experience with them. Thank you all for your replies and trying to help

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.