Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 17, 2013
Hello.

If I buy a movie that is also part of a bundle, is it possible to get the rest of the bundle at a later date for a reduced price, or does it all have to be bought outright?

My specific example - looking to buy 2001, interested in the entire Stanley Kubrick collection, not too willing to spend all the money right now.

Thanks.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
It's too bad they don't offer this. It's especially strange since they offer it for music and apps on the iTunes Store. Missing out on some sales IMO (they are from me, anyway).

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
It's too bad they don't offer this. It's especially strange since they offer it for music and apps on the iTunes Store. Missing out on some sales IMO (they are from me, anyway).
Me too. I think they should also offer a rent to buy discount. Movies are normally around 14.99 or 19.99 to buy. And the HD Rent is normally 5.99. Would be nice to apply the rental (or portion) to purchase if you liked the movie (maybe with a time limit). Of course maybe they would make less sales because of the lack of good movies over the past number of years :)

Vejper

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2014
Me too. I think they should also offer a rent to buy discount. Movies are normally around 14.99 or 19.99 to buy. And the HD Rent is normally 5.99. Would be nice to apply the rental (or portion) to purchase if you liked the movie (maybe with a time limit). Of course maybe they would make less sales because of the lack of good movies over the past number of years :)

This actually exists already, some movies that you rent give you a discount to purchase the movie (within the 24hour window after you started the movie) but why it isn't like this for all movies I don't know.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
This actually exists already, some movies that you rent give you a discount to purchase the movie (within the 24hour window after you started the movie) but why it isn't like this for all movies I don't know.
I have never seen this. Do you know where that shows up? Do you get an email? I do get an email that I rented the movie but I do not read it carefully.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.