Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rwkleinjr

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
Spigen Neo Hybrid (Silver), same as what I used for my 5!

http://www.amazon.com/Spigen®-METALLIZED-Protective-Gunmetal-Protection/dp/B00LLGLR18/

WP5B9L.jpg

JonathanK81

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2006
I'm waiting on the Candyshell and the Candyshell Grips from Speck. With a 5.5" phone, I feel like I want some protection. Plus those cases have always been good to me.

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
Going for the +. Thinking it may be a good idea to go with a folio style case. I can eliminate my wallet so I have more room in my pockets. Plus I like the look of it. Like this one. http://www.case-mate.com/iPhone-6-Plus-Cases/Case-Mate-iPhone-6-Plus-Wallet-Folio.asp#

It's just a little out of my price range. Any folio experts out there?

Also, share your favorite cases you found so far!! :D

I've been seriously debating a wallet/folio case for awhile. Tired of carrying 2 things. I've looked at the BookBook case for the past two years but haven't pulled the trigger. I'm just worried the case will detract from my iPhone experience.

:apple:

Iusername20

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 28, 2011

Nyy8

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2011
New England
So, if anyone could help me out that'd be great.

I've used an inCase Slider for the past 4 years, I love them.

Now I'm looking for smooth plastic back case, no bumps or ridges textures etc. Anyone find one of those yet?

drew1205

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2014
My favorite case back when I had an HTC m7 was the Bear Motion.

It has an awesome texture unlike any other case I have ever felt. The texture is almost like sandpaper. However, calling it sandpaper in feeling makes it sound like it would be too rough or harsh to hold. It isn't. It gives superb grip, while being very thin. I even dropped my M7 numerous times and was surprised when there wasn't any damage even though the case is so minimal. http://www.amazon.com/Case-iPhone-P...410026&sr=8-2&keywords=iphone+bear+motion+5.5

I also ordered the Spigen Kickstand case for the 5.5, and might get the Neo Hybrid metal at some point as well. EDIT: Also will be ordering the midnight blue leather case for the Plus. I'm a case sloot :p

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
I've been seriously debating a wallet/folio case for awhile. Tired of carrying 2 things. I've looked at the BookBook case for the past two years but haven't pulled the trigger. I'm just worried the case will detract from my iPhone experience.

:apple:

I think any case will detract from the iPhone experience. It's why I chose to go naked with the 6.

BackTwoMac

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2012

Something like that with a wrist strap (think clutch) would work for me. I'm on the fence about 6 Plus because pocket sizes aren't very deep for women. And I avoid carrying a bag if possible. I'll keep watching this thread.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
phantomskinz and if i can still find one, a bumper.

i LOVED it on my phone as it keeps the form factor small (but the small bumper gives a little more gripiness. i have just a phantomskinz on my iPad mini, too... same reason... keeps it small adds no bulkiness! (and they both match! pink carbon fiber! love love love!!!!!)

i am going to show hubby the folio recommendations you've come up with though! he has a folio for his mini, so might like that idea for his phone!

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.

I'd be really interested to hear your initial thoughts when it arrives, as I'd like to know how 'good' the front lip,is on the Slim.

I've currently got a Tough Armor on my 5S and was thinking of getting one for my 6+, but they seem to have dropped the white version (I'm getting a white/silver phone), so I'm looking at the electric blue model.

I'm also interested in the Slims, having seen your picture! :D

Last edited:

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
Going for the +. Thinking it may be a good idea to go with a folio style case. I can eliminate my wallet so I have more room in my pockets. Plus I like the look of it. Like this one. http://www.case-mate.com/iPhone-6-Plus-Cases/Case-Mate-iPhone-6-Plus-Wallet-Folio.asp#

It's just a little out of my price range. Any folio experts out there?

Also, share your favorite cases you found so far!! :D

I like the look of that case.
I have carried a wallet for about 37 years and a little leery of giving up my wallet and just making the phone case my wallet. But hey change is good right?

guitarwiz23

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2011

I'm just saying, I had ordered the spigen ultra fit last night but I did not see this one, I have ordered this one to try out as well. I was just getting the ultra fit to hold over to a speck pixelskin (have had 2 for my 4S loved them both, only issue was the red got funky from being in my pocket, but the black was great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.