Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HarryWarden

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
I have a Tunnelbear account and app on my iPad Air. It fails to connect when at work but functions fine at home. Is there any setting I can alter to make it work? What is the reason it fails to connect?

LucasLand

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2002
New England
probably best to ask tunnel bear, but maybe your work blocks the ip that the vpn uses. try to use a different location offered by the vpn

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
I have a Tunnelbear account and app on my iPad Air. It fails to connect when at work but functions fine at home. Is there any setting I can alter to make it work? What is the reason it fails to connect?

My work uses a different server when I am on their internal wireless network. The external one is in the DMZ and is accessible from the Internet. The internal one is behind the firewall open to the LAN. Firewall policies will not allow internal users to access DMZ servers from internal IP ranges.

See if that may be the case.

HarryWarden

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
My work uses a different server when I am on their internal wireless network. The external one is in the DMZ and is accessible from the Internet. The internal one is behind the firewall open to the LAN. Firewall policies will not allow internal users to access DMZ servers from internal IP ranges.

See if that may be the case.

How do I check that?

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
Like already mentioned, you will have to contact your network team. Just for reference, my iPad connects to my office network through VPN when I'm out and about.

Our network is shielded from the outside save only a couple of us that have VPN access. That access is physically monitored by some really bored guy watching a connection monitor listing: kinda looks like an automated Tetris in reverse, with extra pretty colors.

iPads can and do connect through VPN, again we have several. We really cannot help without knowing specific information about your network.

RachelFarland

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2015
VPN for iPad Air, iPad Air 2 and All iOS Devices

Hey guys. I found a great tutorial on how to set up VPN on iPad Air and iPad Air 2. This tutorial also works perfectly for all iOS 8 devices. Check it out here: purevpn.com/blog/ipad-air-vpn/

furqanrizwan

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2015
Toronto
Tunnelbear works perfect when i used it in 2013, i dunno how come you are facing this issue, although recently im on PureVPN with their annual subscription and their setup process is available on their support guide and live chat could also help? maybe you could ask them, currently not aware of TunnelBear and their issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.