Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gooberton

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
http://www.macworld.co.uk/review/iphone/iphone-6-plus-vs-galaxy-note-4-comparison-review-3572143/

lysola

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2014
Well if that's the case then it puts a lot of speculation to bed. The thing I'm noticing is "Phablet." Is this seriously a term being thrown around. Did someone just coin this or is this a term that's flown over my head? Yikes...

Cryates

macrumors 68040
Nov 19, 2013
This is not proof. The concrete evidence will come with the benchmark reviews on Wednesday. I'm certainly hoping for 2GB.

Gooberton

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
I can't believe more people aren't getting the plus purely based on battery. Has like hours more video playback. That's a lot no?

----------

Mabey they did handle it

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
"Early benchmarking using the Geekbench application suggests that the processor is dual core, and has a frequency of 1.4 GHz. It's paired with 2GB RAM. The iPhone 6 Plus is consummately slick and zippy in use"

Sounds like the real deal.

Dang.. maybe I should get a 6+

That could potentially be the deal breaker for the 6.

Munitalp

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
RAM is actually part of the A8 processor... It's not a part that you can just switch. If the iPhone 6+ has the A8 then it has got 1GB of ram just as the iPhone 6.

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
The thing I'm noticing is "Phablet." Is this seriously a term being thrown around. Did someone just coin this or is this a term that's flown over my head?

A simple Google search for the word "Phablet" returns the Wikipedia entry for Phablets as the first returned result. I was going to link to it for you but then figured if I can put forth the effort to do that then you can to.

accountforit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2014
If it is 2gb ram, all the guys hatin on the plus gonna be jelly

If you aren't a 13 year old girl, you sure talk like one.

.....and unless I've missed something, who is to say there will be a RAM difference vs the regular 6 to begin with? What if they both have 2gb? Then will you be "jelly" that your extra RAM will go to powering a display you can hardly hold, while the 6 uses it for extra processing power?

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
If it is 2gb ram, all the guys hatin on the plus gonna be jelly

Judging by the responses in RAM threads here, 90% of people don't think the iPhone needs more than 1GB of RAM....so why would they cry that the 6+ has 'too much'?

Djentleman

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2012
UK
Well if that's the case then it puts a lot of speculation to bed. The thing I'm noticing is "Phablet." Is this seriously a term being thrown around. Did someone just coin this or is this a term that's flown over my head? Yikes...

I seriously cringe every time I hear that term. And everyone here seems to be adopting it readily. I won't call it that, though. Sounds too close to FAPlet.

Gooberton

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
If you aren't a 13 year old girl, you sure talk like one.

.....and unless I've missed something, who is to say there will be a RAM difference vs the regular 6 to begin with? What if they both have 2gb? Then will you be "jelly" that your extra RAM will go to powering a display you can hardly hold, while the 6 uses it for extra processing power?
The 6 only has 1 gb, that's been known for weeks. You jelly of me

Zerilos

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
RAM is actually part of the A8 processor... It's not a part that you can just switch. If the iPhone 6+ has the A8 then it has got 1GB of ram just as the iPhone 6.

It is conceivable that they built more than one variant of the A8.

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
I can't believe more people aren't getting the plus purely based on battery. Has like hours more video playback. That's a lot no?

----------

Mabey they did handle it

It's enormous, that's why I'm not getting it. It's just too big with the bezels.

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
I'd be super happy if the Plus has 2GB RAM but I wouldn't worry if I had a 6.. it will still run fantastic with 1GB.

:apple:

Enabledobject

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2014
On another note, I'll take Apples RGB accurate LCD display over the Samsung over saturated AMOLED junk any day of the week.

vanzantapple

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2010
USA
"Early benchmarking using the Geekbench application suggests that the processor is dual core, and has a frequency of 1.4 GHz. It's paired with 2GB RAM. The iPhone 6 Plus is consummately slick and zippy in use"

I'll be glad when this is settled and we can move onto the iPad and possibly the iPod T.

If I had to bet on this one, I'd bet that it had 1G of RAM but it wouldn't be a confident bet. :)

Dulcimer

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
On another note, I'll take Apples RGB accurate LCD display over the Samsung over saturated AMOLED junk any day of the week.

Is this actually true? I thought issues regarding AMOLED saturation were solved a while ago, no? And I thought Samsung's display was considered one of—if not the—best.

Makes me wonder why Apple has never considered AMOLED displays for their iPhones. AMOLED is much more battery efficient.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.